EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Willem programmer old skool parallel port

Post by monaro308 »

Can anyone remember which file was used on the willem45c disk that came with the programmer ?
I had it all set up on my old laptop but somehow the file/program is not on the laptop anymore.
I was reading AT29c256 chips back then and I found a couple of old memcals that I want to have a sticky beak at.
The files on the disk are:
97g (zipped)
97ja
98d2
98d5
cheers
Last edited by monaro308 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
delcowizzid

Re: Willem programmer

Post by delcowizzid »

i use 97ja
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Thanks Delco.....ever reliable :thumbup:
Must be about 5 years + since I last used it.
cheers
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah ja was the winner for me too.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Just for anyone who has bought a GQ-4X and might be reading this - these guys are talking about the old school original willem programmer that needs an old computer an a parallel port. Its a completely different beast. Use the GQ-4x software from mcumall.com for the "willem" GQ-4x.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i finally got my old trusty willem to burn 267c512's checked the datasheet for the chips can go as high as 1ms programming time the softwares a bit hit and miss on its settings manually changing the TWP setting higher and viola burns every time
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Re: Willem programmer old skool parallel port

Post by monaro308 »

I updated the heading...cheers antus
vlv81
cars: VR SS
VL V8

Post by vlv81 »

So with the old school parallel port programmers how does the NVRAM actually fit into it. Does it need desoldering? I take it it is meant to go into the green block with the lever on it? Sorry for the newbie question. I'm just getting my head around all of this. I was hoping to never need the Willem programmer but since I have a corrupted 'A' bank on my NVRAM I guess I am going to have to learn how to use it haha
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You set the willem software for dallas 1245 and it tells you how to set the jumpers on the old willem and shows you how to seat the nvram. Set the jumpers first. The leaver is at the top of the socket and the nvram aligns from the bottom. One corner of the nvram has a white dot and that end goes closest to the leaver. When you put it back in the nvram there is a notch in one end of the socket. The white dot end of the nvram goes towards the notch end of the socket.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If you have pcmhacking gear the nvram is removable just carefully pry it out of the socket it only has fine pins that are easy broken