antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: How do i set RW Jumper

Post by antus »

You physically place the jumper across the two pins labeled RW.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VS TURBO
cars: Vs turbo

Post by VS TURBO »

Yeah thanks I found that, uploaded "The 1's" Vs V6 supercharged enhanced factory bin and the car died and now it will not connect to the hardware. :comp: :wall:
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I guess its too late now, but you cant upload a change of operating system over the ALDL (the exceptions being you can update versions of 11P and 12P with VL400s flash tool). You'll probably need an eprom programmer to recover from that. :thumbdown:

The progam on the nvram will still be intact but some of the settings in the calibration section which wont be matching the operating system will be preventing it from booting up.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VS TURBO

Post by VS TURBO »

LOL clearly I have no idea what im doing....looks like haltec and local tuner.
The1

Post by The1 »

you also got both jumpers on VS and not VT? Was it working before or has it not worked yet at all?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

VS TURBO wrote:LOL clearly I have no idea what im doing....looks like haltec and local tuner.

Dont give up mate, if youre prepaired to try you will get help. It wont happen in a day so be prepaired for a long journey.
A MAP based system is easier than MAF (in my opinion) possibly look at a change to maybe the VR $11 code?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

If you wanna send it back to me I can reload the original bin. Just send me a PM.
VS TURBO

Post by VS TURBO »

yes the car ran with the nvram in it, I was starting to check a few things out, from what I had read I thought I had to upload the bin for a vs supercharged 6. as soon as upload completed the car stalled and over 1000 error codes popped up. Car would not start again. I tried to connect several times with no luck so I put the stock chip back in to move the car. It has taken a fair while just to get to this stage, it seems that most info is geared toward map setups. After reading the getting started guide and basic tuning etc it seemed pretty straight forward but it didn't turn out that way..lol Not sure what to do now.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

A 'bin' is the whole file. This includes the operating system - eg 11P, 12P, a $A5C, etc etc... this is the program which runs the computer, including its ability to talk ALDL. It also includes the calibration (cal). The operating system and the calibration need to match because the operating system expects certain data to be in certain locations. When you miss match the two this is not true. For example, the operating system might try and load, say, number of cylinders. In the same location in some other calibration, it might have the maximum value of 255. The computer isnt set up for this, and might do something really dumb like trying to calculate fuel for 255 cylinders which can crash it. While its crashing and restarting it cant talk ALDL. Something like this is whats got you.

If you want to upload something pre-canned, you need to make sure the operating system matches the calibraion. Then only upload the cal.

In your case you will need to either buy an eeprom programer like a gq-4x from mcumall.com, and then you can use it to put whatever bin you want back on the chip. Or, you'll need to send it to me or someone else with the gear to do it for you. I want to see your car and dont want to see it end like this, so I'll do it for you as a favour. PM me to hook it up.

For the record, what you had on there to begin with was The1s VS V6 enhanced. This already supports boost. What you need to be doing is setting the injector rate for after market injectors, installing a wideband, make sure spark looks sensible up top and then tune fuel. And because its a VS V6, install a jaycar speedo corrector to convert the manual speed sensor signal to work with the vs pcm.