Issues writing to DS1245Y from vt to vs

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
tris909
cars: VN s1 V6 Eaton m62 s/c

Re: Issues writing to DS1245Y from vt to vs

Post by tris909 »

how can I connect without the OSEplugin?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

didn't you say in a previous post that the car wont run and the fans come on etc ? if that's the case its nothing to do with tunerpro ... its a fault in the memcal side of things ....

you only usually get limp mode (fans on and no run) if there is an issue with the program on the memcal .....

do you have the NVRAM around the right way in the socket and also is the memcal around the right way in the pcm slot ?
tris909

Post by tris909 »

Holden202T wrote:didn't you say in a previous post that the car wont run and the fans come on etc ? if that's the case its nothing to do with tunerpro ... its a fault in the memcal side of things ....

you only usually get limp mode (fans on and no run) if there is an issue with the program on the memcal .....

do you have the NVRAM around the right way in the socket and also is the memcal around the right way in the pcm slot ?
yes I did say that, I am slowly making progress, fans are not on now and vehicle starts for a few seconds and stops on NVRAM. and yes NVRAM is fitted correctly and in pcm slot correctly.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

tris909 wrote:tried connecting with stock memcal and wont connect through TP or flash tool.
If the flashtool wont connect to a stock memcal then there is a second problem aside from burning a bin to the DS1245Y. The flashtool can detect the vehicle type even with a stock memcal so you should be able to get a response and then a get bin or get cal. Need to set the preferences to "VS Eco or S/C in Vehicle", interface type to "USB ALDL" and the ECM com port to whatever your ALDL interface is. Make sure TunerPro is closed. If you get no response from the BCM try the vehicle preference "VS Eco or S/C on Bench".

The OSE plugin is designed only for RT enabled or The1's enhanced bins so will not connect to a stock memcal.
tris909

Post by tris909 »

ok got it tuned, now new problem, cant get the flash tool to work, see pic attached. what settings do I need for VS V6 PCM? ive set to vs in vehicle with USB adl using VL400s OBD2 plug and lead, can not get silence to extract data. im so close now this is very frustrating.

VL400 Edit: Resized your picture
Attachments
DSC_0584.JPG
DSC_0584.JPG (276.52 KiB) Viewed 5660 times
VL400

Post by VL400 »

You are not getting a response from the BCM - device ID F1. So try "VS Eco or S/C on Bench", will only go looking for the PCM.

When you say got it tuned, does this mean the NVRAM is working and you can connect via TunerPro?
tris909

Post by tris909 »

thanks VL400 bench worked in setup, now I cant burn a clean memcal to run after extracting the bin with flash tool
tris909

Post by tris909 »

Chip i am trying to burn is a stock vs v6 memcal going under 27c010.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Post the bin you are trying to write and will check it will work ok.

And also what is happening - will need more info than cant burn a clean memcal.
tris909

Post by tris909 »

heres the bin from the flash tool. I managed to connect to vehicle with flash tool while in car selection with "disable BCM chatter" unchecked.
Burning with GQ-4X with zero offsets at low speed burn, by clean memcal I meant erased stock vs v6 memcal which blank checked fine. seems to me the end of the code is all over the place?
Attachments
vs man3.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 305 times