cant erase or id ds1245y on gq4x programer

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
l67 vy

cant erase or id ds1245y on gq4x programer

Post by l67 vy »

hi guys ive just got my new gq4x programer and im trying to erase my nvram because i put the wrong tune on it (vt not vy)
but i cant seem to id or erase my nvram, im getting error message saying function not supported or already blank. its not blank as i fail the blank check. the chip is in the bottom of the burner with the plus symbol facing the top left. so idk what im doing wrong.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: cant erase or id ds1245y on gq4x programer

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

NV-ram erases on writing, so you can't id it or erase it or blank check!

You just write to it & it does all the work & will do a verification after it too!
l67 vy

Post by l67 vy »

thanks mate i managed to get the nvram programed but now im struggling reprograming a stock memcal, it seems the uv light i brought wont erase it.
either that or the connector i made to insert it into the socket aint good enough
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Can't really help with that online, if you have another stock memcal & it reads fine then I would say the adapter you have is working o.k. but if the stock memcal isn't showing up as blank then chances are it isn't!
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

l67 vy wrote:thanks mate i managed to get the nvram programed but now im struggling reprograming a stock memcal, it seems the uv light i brought wont erase it.
either that or the connector i made to insert it into the socket aint good enough
Make sure there is no residue over the quartz window. Clean it with white spirits or mineral turps.

If that still doesn't work, program all memory locations to zero, then try erasing (I've seen that behaviour with some Intel EPROMs).

Joe.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

make sure you get a lot of UV light in the window too, it needs a fair bit, and funny angles can cause problems sometimes too. The way I sit mine in the draw I need to turn it over as I cant completely blank the chip without moving it around.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

antus wrote:make sure you get a lot of UV light in the window too, it needs a fair bit, and funny angles can cause problems sometimes too. The way I sit mine in the draw I need to turn it over as I cant completely blank the chip without moving it around.
Good point, make sure no corner of the silicon is shaddowed.

Also, it should go without saying, but the UV tube must be the germicidal type, not the blacklight type.

Joe.