Corrupt NVRAM?

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Corrupt NVRAM?

Post by Dylan »

I've ran into some trouble with my ECU. I have a VR Manual 082 ECU that I've wired up for my Logger V2. I've had trouble trying to connect with my logger to the ECU the keeps saying connection failed. So I tried the old fashioned way with my USB interface and laptop still no go. Tried to start the car today and the engine wont run.

Took a read of my NVRAM with the chip straight in the burner and read it as a DS1245Y. Tuner Pro displays no data on any tables with the 12P 112 XDF.

I've attached the readout and also my ADX I'm trying to set up to read my wideband on auxiliary 1.
I'd love some feedback on this.
Attachments
nvramread.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
808ASpartanme.adx
(89.56 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Gareth

Re: Corrupt NVRAM?

Post by Gareth »

the1's memcal ID tool doesn't recognise it...

Looking at the code with GQ-4X software the code is there and starts at 0008000, unsure if its any good though...

NFI on the ADX
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks for looking mate. I looked in the hex editor and seen the empty bits but not ure if that right either.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

In hex editor it lines up not to bad I think compared to a stock bin. Has the pcmhacking name at he bottom too.
But no info displayed in tuner pro. Put another chip in and it runs although badly due to wrong calibration.
It's also a VN code so couldn't try for any data.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

you need to split it into 4 with tunerpro's bin splitter, then look at parts 1 and 3... DS1245Y is 128K, 12P is 32K. you have 2 tunes loaded onto the nvram. one of them is a 12PV111 stock v8 uncorrupted bin. the other is a 12Pv112 v8 bin, with a bunch of tuning differences from stock, and a bunch of different bytes between 1F50 and 1FD1. im not sure where the ram is, so that may be ram space, which may be why those bytes are differnet to stock (which is all 00000 in those places) .

so one half of the chip, the 12Pv111 half is definitely not corrupted. so try swapping the bin jumper and connect with the flashtool. that will tell you if your gear is working or not.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks for looking. The bank a is modified calibration. Good idea on the bank switch I'll swap over and try to connect again.

Thanks Jayme!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Possibly have more problems here. No comms on bank A either and put it into diagnostic mode and no flashes of the CEL or even the IAC closing.
All with the engine off. Wish I had another ALDL car to test my gear on. Thinking the ECU could be crook??
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It does sound a bit sus. Sounds like your nvram and its contents are ok so yeah maybe computer? Need another one to test. Keep the RW jumper disconnected while testing to prevent causing any extra trouble while swapping things around.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks for the input mate. Had another 082 lent to me. Turns out my one is cooked.
Full comms and engine running with the lender and my NVRAM fitted.

Next challenge gettig another one. There was one on ebay but the user doesn't want to know me.
Fitting an SXR board to an 808is an option. But that job is above my skill level.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I can spare an 808, send me a pm if your interested.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396