tl866 programing a vs stock memcal

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: tl866 programing a vs stock memcal

Post by VL400 »

Try slowing the write down. 100us is the typical value for an EPROM but most programmers allow you to slow things down to get more charge in.

Also be careful on the VPP setting, the absolute maximum is 14V on the normal memcal EPROMs.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Increase the numbers to advance
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

it shouldnt take 45 minutes to erase a chip if the window is clean and if its got the window pointing at the tube in the eraser.normally 7 minutes is more than enough too much more and the chips get very slow and have issues.i learnt that the hard way when i bought a massive number of 27c010 chips online all programmed and verified fine but limp home mode straight away in an ecu had been erased by the seller for too long
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
trexbreah
cars: toyota surf ln130 with holden v6 ecotech

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Post by trexbreah »

problem found, one of the pins was bridged with the other on my adapter
a chip i made is still going since 11pm last night after i fixed the problem

and it only takes 10 minutes to erase now two crossed pins was probably half my problem and i was erasing them to long

lucky i have 3 spare eproms
Last edited by trexbreah on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trexbreah

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Post by trexbreah »

Dylan wrote:Increase the numbers to advance
thanks google dosnt always give good information
trexbreah

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Post by trexbreah »

how would i tune for vt injectors i tried changing injector flow rate from 370 ms/gram fuel to 390 ms/gram of fuel but i noticed that its blowing black smoke am i missing somthing or what
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Get the difference in flow as a percentage from old spec to new (treat 1.00 as 100% eg identical flow) and multiply the original injector rate value by that. For best results also look up the injector dead time by voltage and add that data for the new injectors to the appropriate table as well. This will help mostly for idle and the bottom end.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

delcowizzid wrote:it shouldnt take 45 minutes to erase a chip if the window is clean and if its got the window pointing at the tube in the eraser.normally 7 minutes is more than enough too much more and the chips get very slow and have issues.i learnt that the hard way when i bought a massive number of 27c010 chips online all programmed and verified fine but limp home mode straight away in an ecu had been erased by the seller for too long
Well, the seller may have abused the chips in some way, but it wasn't by sunburn. The maximum UV exposure is so high, it's usually not even included in the data sheets.

Joe.

PS. After some searching, I finally found a maximum UV exposure figure, in an Intel A27C256 data sheet : 1 week at 1200 uW/cm^2, which is equivalent to 500 erase cycles of 20 minutes (that's the specified erase time at 1200 uW/cm^2) each.

For weaker UV sources, the times increase accordingly. Under-erasure can degrade access time, reduce noise immunity, and give erroneous data at elevated temperature.
Last edited by j_ds_au on Sun May 01, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
trexbreah

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Post by trexbreah »

antus wrote:Get the difference in flow as a percentage from old spec to new (treat 1.00 as 100% eg identical flow) and multiply the original injector rate value by that. For best results also look up the injector dead time by voltage and add that data for the new injectors to the appropriate table as well. This will help mostly for idle and the bottom end.
where would i find a data sheet for the stock vt injectors i compared the vt and vs program together but everything is so far out compared to the vs that im not game enough to use anything from it
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Physically read the part number off the injector and google it. Or where changing from one stock injector to another get both stock tunes and suitable xdfs and copy data between them
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396