tl866 programing a vs stock memcal

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
trexbreah
cars: toyota surf ln130 with holden v6 ecotech

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Re: tl866 programing a vs stock memcal

Post by trexbreah »

antus wrote:Physically read the part number off the injector and google it. Or where changing from one stock injector to another get both stock tunes and suitable xdfs and copy data between them
let me just say any information in this post may or may not be accurate and should in no way be used on a car for performance or general use
as nothing has been done with any professional equipment or devices and hase been done entiraly by feel and anything used from this post is at own risk

using the xdf and matching bin file for the vt i copied the spark tables and fuel maps and ms/gram the car didnt run at all

i used 325 ms/gram and advanced the timing untill it ran without stutter
my fuel rail runs at 90psi~15%
Attachments
timing used for eliminating stutter on rapid acceleration/throttle movment
timing used for eliminating stutter on rapid acceleration/throttle movment
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

90 psi?? That's way o high. Should be at 52 psi. When fitiing VT injectors to a VS just change the injector values.
trexbreah

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Post by trexbreah »

Dylan wrote:90 psi?? That's way o high. Should be at 52 psi. When fitiing VT injectors to a VS just change the injector values.
have a blocked return line couldnt be bothered replacing it so its going to stay like that for now hence the vt injectors plus i was quoted $700 to replace it
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Well that's stuffed up all your fuelling big time. PCM doesn't know the fuel pressure and doubling the factory pressure is way outside what the BLM can trim back too.

How's VT injectors helping you there?
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

I hope you have good fuel lines, it will go up in flames quick if they split
trexbreah

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Post by trexbreah »

sorry haven't been on for a while my engine finally gave up at 442000km top end let go after losing oil pressure from a cracked sump

just a rundown of its life before it gave its in order from latest to earliest

its had diesel 70% of a tank for 212km deposited 9litres of fluid into sump caused blow by for next 3000km
threw a belt drove 30km with foot pined to the floor with no water circulating
towed a 3.5tonn trailer bent the tong for the tow ball held at 4800rpm in 3rd for almost 2hours at this stage I was trying to kill it / cracked exhaust manifold
taken cross country and taken places you wouldn't take a land rover
10000km later defected for bald tyres/windscreen sat in paddock for 7month brakes rusted up oil turned to sludge
got defects off un seized breaks involved a tractor and oil surprisingly the engine started without any trouble
oil changed after 200km looked like dolmio and cream 324000km on clock
393000km major rubber components started to fail fixed as it cam along oil changed every 12000 od km heads up failed
approx. 23000km head unit replaced hit two kangaroos paint starting to deteriorate bad
approx. 432000km cooked 6 times varies hoses failed/ defected again tyres windscreen again sat for 21days defect removed
approx 441200km got a job in Whyalla drove 600km got a house etc started work
end: cooked further 10 times heater hose blew off and cracked sump on the apparently suitable for cars road within 3 days it developed a rattle and I stoped driving it

diagnosis 4cracked rings melted exhaust valve seats crispy head and intake gaskets pitted and cracked rings one bent conrod one missing compression ring sloppy hydrolic lifters one spun cam bearing floppy timing chain leaks trans fluid into engine and vise versa
I think that's it oh and my mum gave it a good thrash

I swaped it for a reconditioned engine and trans im in the process of fixing the car for sentimental reasons i had it since i was 16
trexbreah

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Post by trexbreah »

vt injectors don't hose at higher pressures
trexbreah

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Post by trexbreah »

full credit goes to the-1's custom VT code

and again this is done without any tuning equipment

totally unbelievable calculations but apparently 272hp @ 205kw @ 542nm at the fly wheel that isn't a dyno test just a web based calculation but it projects an increase of 58kw on an unmodified ecotec at 23 degrees advance vs stock timing

can anyone shed some light on this

this is with a high pressure fuel rail
Attachments
7.9 VT_V6_AUTO_$A5G_Enhanced_v1.1.bin
the1 enhanced vt bin what i have done so far
(128 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
trexbreah

vs 1997 acclaim wagon

Post by trexbreah »

HQ355 wrote:I hope you have good fuel lines, it will go up in flames quick if they split

actually the car instantly stalls its happened a few times usally happens at idle after its warmed up a little the hose comes of
The1

Post by The1 »

trexbreah wrote:full credit goes to the-1's custom VT code

and again this is done without any tuning equipment

totally unbelievable calculations but apparently 272hp @ 205kw @ 542nm at the fly wheel that isn't a dyno test just a web based calculation but it projects an increase of 58kw on an unmodified ecotec at 23 degrees advance vs stock timing

can anyone shed some light on this

this is with a high pressure fuel rail
i reckon if you run 90psi oil pressure and 50psi in the tyres it might just make it, nearly as good as an oiled snake.