eprom programmer sugestions

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Antwon
cars: vx ss. 80 series daily, vk ls1 (project)

eprom programmer sugestions

Post by Antwon »

after trying to program an ls1 flash chip i feel my willem pcb50b programmer is not working properly as same chip will read different each time i read the chip via the program supplied and looking at the buffer its never the same.. tried three chips and different bin files and still wont work with the pcm but stock flash chip works fine when reinstalled to pcm.. so ive come to this post im looking for a new programmer and would like to hear input from other members on ones there using with out any dramas.

thanks in advance anthony
Antwon

Re: eprom programmer sugestions

Post by Antwon »

Might add as well my programmer alsways come up with vpp errors will wrote a file than wont verify it says error at the first line in the buffer. Just reali getting frustrating with it.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

mcumall.com gq-4x with an adapter for your chip is a good programmer. Information about recommended hardware etc is in the guides in the FAQ thread (see link near the top right).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

Awsome thanks ill check out those programmers and ill check out the link for a bit of read
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

if it errors at first address its normally a pin connection error.the joys of the newer gqx-4 is it lets you know if a pin is not connected LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

is that via software update or actual newest burner. Cos mine doesn't tell you and the latest software won't detect the burner. Burner is not old, about 18 months.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

What version are you on VLAD? I had to upgrade after going to Windows 10 not sure on the version number of hand. Pretty sure it was a minor revision 6.3x from memory. Had to do it manually every start up it says checking for latest software but never auto updates.
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

I just ordered a gd4x and psop44 adapter thru dark wire online so hopefully it work out and i can throw the pcb50b one in the bin haha
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:What version are you on VLAD? I had to upgrade after going to Windows 10 not sure on the version number of hand. Pretty sure it was a minor revision 6.3x from memory. Had to do it manually every start up it says checking for latest software but never auto updates.

I'm still on 5.xx as any of the version 6 don't work. doesn't connect to the programmer. Big G had the exact opposite problem with his. Wouldn't connect on version 5 and 6 fixed the problem.

I'd say its something to do with my bucket of shit laptop thats 12 years old.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

i just received my new gq-4x today installed program fine but when the driver installed it restarts the computer for the driver to take effect but after that once i plug the gq-4x back in my computer goes straight to the blue crash screen and restarts unplug it will start up fine plug it back in boom blue screen again ive unistalled the driver and program a few times but no change tried it on an older laptop with vista does same thing anyone had this trouble before ??