ls1 pcm seed and key list?

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Antwon
cars: vx ss. 80 series daily, vk ls1 (project)

ls1 pcm seed and key list?

Post by Antwon »

hi ive been bypassing tuner locked pcm by editing the seed and key in hex edit but when I do I always have toenter the key for it to load up with hp tuners as I'm using a seed and key from a different pcm I have a feeling so I was hoping some one has etha found a list of seed and keys holden used in aus pcms or point me in the right direction ??

thanks in advance anthony
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: ls1 pcm seed and key list?

Post by antus »

My flash tool will read them and display the key. Including default hpt os.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

Thanks ill need an avt-852 cable wont i?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Currently that is the only supported hardware, yes.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

that a bummer I cant commit to buying one just yet as ive been changing the seed and key via hex edit to be able to access locked ecus to flash new tunes on or edit them just cant work out why I have to keep manualy entering the key for hpt to read the ecu evan when I'm using a factory holden seed and key. just in the process of working out putting a psop 44 adapter on my bench pcm to save soldering the chip on and off so much before I lift pad or brick the pcm. I might just read a few stock pcm to get a few stock seed and keys and try different ones till I work out a way for hpt to read them as if its a factory pcm but I have a feeling its deeper than just editing a couple locations
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Antwon wrote:that a bummer I cant commit to buying one just yet as ive been changing the seed and key via hex edit to be able to access locked ecus to flash new tunes on or edit them just cant work out why I have to keep manualy entering the key for hpt to read the ecu evan when I'm using a factory holden seed and key. just in the process of working out putting a psop 44 adapter on my bench pcm to save soldering the chip on and off so much before I lift pad or brick the pcm. I might just read a few stock pcm to get a few stock seed and keys and try different ones till I work out a way for hpt to read them as if its a factory pcm but I have a feeling its deeper than just editing a couple locations
Could be a different 'byte' thats changed which indicates the ECU has been edited previously.

You would need to monitor what HPTuners is sending when unlocking the ECU.. since if you have inserted a stock seed/key into the ECU then HPTuners should attempt to use the stock key. Should be no problems.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

also depends on O/S... if the hptuners can see that the O/S is a custom OSID, then it has its own seed/key algorithm for non tuner locked custom os's that is different to the stock seed/key algorithm.
if the seed/key doesnt match its custom os algorithm for that OSID, (stock seed/key will fail here...) then it will assume its fully locked and you need to type in the key.

this would explain what you are seeing. if its a cusotm os, find a 'non tuner locked' hptuners custom os of the same OSID and use that seed/key.
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

That does actualy make sense jayme.i never looked at it that way.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

I have a vast array of ls1 aftermarket operating systems and bins that ive collected over the years , what is the operating system you are trying to get an unlocked seed key combo for .
I could add them to my ls1 flash tool unlock routine to cater for aftermarket os's as well as the std os's if there is a need
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

ill email you the details thru some time today