VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Yortt

Re: VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

Post by Yortt »

Antwon wrote:I updated to the new version but ended up deleting and goin back to old verson as new one wont open bin files witch sux
Part of their new security, locking it up as tight as to keep may I say sites like PCM Hacking locked out
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

theres a way around everything, but yeah they sure do make it hard!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I dont think its us they're worried about. We develop original stuff so they cant really do anything about that. They do seem to want to stop their customers doing anything they dont approve of, though.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what like making a bin file so you can use anything to upload it to another car ?? :D
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I think we need to keep this thread on the original topic and stick to just the facts.... I have a feeling this thread has the potential to go down hill quickly. Any further non-technical comments will be deleted and/or thread locked.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

"YorttPart of their new security, locking it up as tight as to keep may I say sites like PCM Hacking locked out
I hope this is not off topic as per Antus last post but for the record my comment was tongue in cheek, It should not be construed as being critical of this type of forum quite the contrary.

I support this site as it has contributed significantly to those of us that have an interest in aftermarket tuning and gives balance to the approach of the aftermarket commercial tuning industry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Good, wasnt just me then, I thought I was going mad when I realized an efilive OS opened up happily in HPTuners.
But I think its a good thing, either both companies are working together (Maybe not) or at least they see that Tuners end up stranded if a custom OS is put into the ECU. If the custom OS can be opened up happily in HPtuners.. then it kinda solves the problem!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

No probs with your post, Yourtt. Just keeping it on topic.
Antwon
cars: vx ss. 80 series daily, vk ls1 (project)

Post by Antwon »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:You can have 2.24 & 3.0 installed on the same pc to have the best of both worlds, just make sure you install 2.24 first (or2.25 if you so desire) then install 3.0.xxx after & set 2.24 to open bin & 3.0 to open hpt!
how do I install the 3.2 and keep the 2.24 every time I install it , it deletes the old version
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

You did just have to install 2.24 first & then it wouldn't uninstall the old versions previously but did notice it deleted the old versions with 3.2 so what I did was after installing 2.24 copied the complete folder to another drive, then install later version & then copy back the files that were deleted from other drive to 2.24 folder!