VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Yortt

VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

Post by Yortt »

VCM suite can now download LS1 EFI Live custom operating system tunes and license them and use the VCM Suite editor to change parameters and load back into the car.

Does anyone else have any information on this?
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Re: VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

Post by jca »

Hmm since when did this happen there hasnt been a hpt update for a while unless i missed one i have both softwares i might have a try
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

wouldn't surprise me if they do, more business for them if you have their software and can read the competitions info out of a car!
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Also interested in this. I've got the latest VCM suite updates yet last week couldn't license a vcm due to EFI Live been present.

Would be a cool feature for sure
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

krusty wrote:Also interested in this. I've got the latest VCM suite updates yet last week couldn't license a vcm due to EFI Live been present.

krusty do you have an "Unlimited LS1 5.7 license"?
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Only works wth version 3 of VCM Suite software.

I come accross it by accident I automatically downloaded a tune from a PCM thinking it was a VCM operating system it downloaded and it was then I noticed it was a 1290005 operating system which is an EFI live operating system. I also believe other EFI live operating systems are covered.

I have searched the web nothing on it I can only assume EFI Live are aware of it. I would imagine this will not make people with EFI Live users very happy. I thought EFI Live and VCM Suite were competitors!
jay woo

Post by jay woo »

Maybe it will only write if the ecu has a matching efi live os. This would force the purchase of efi live and the licence for a controller but allow the customer to use which ever software they chose. I think you will find that the larger customers own both hpt and efi live.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Yortt wrote:
krusty wrote:Also interested in this. I've got the latest VCM suite updates yet last week couldn't license a vcm due to EFI Live been present.

Not yet haha
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

jay woo wrote:Maybe it will only write if the ecu has a matching efi live os. This would force the purchase of efi live and the licence for a controller but allow the customer to use which ever software they chose. I think you will find that the larger customers own both hpt and efi live.
I have both EFI Live and a supposidly "Unlimited 5.7 LS1 license" wich does not cover the license for the software to cover the EFI Live operating system(covers everything else LS1).
You need to license the PCM then you can write to it with the 1290005 O/S. Same applies to Flashscan.
Last edited by Yortt on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

krusty wrote:
Yortt wrote:

Not yet haha
Even if you pay the upfront cost for an "Unlimited LS1 5.7 license" it does not cover the EFI live operating system licensing they get you twice.