VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Antwon
cars: vx ss. 80 series daily, vk ls1 (project)

Re: VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

Post by Antwon »

swee thanks ill try that
Paul Mulcahy
cars: Austin lancer Chevy nova

Post by Paul Mulcahy »

I am currently tuning a vy5.7 that was apparently tuned with efi live before 3.25 hpt I couldnot read it now I could read it and when I went to licence it it came up with contact hptuners and give them the log or the licence would not go towards upgrades . I licenced it as normal and can read and write to it I can not realtime tune it but
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

Paul Mulcahy wrote:I am currently tuning a vy5.7 that was apparently tuned with efi live before 3.25 hpt I couldnot read it now I could read it and when I went to licence it it came up with contact hptuners and give them the log or the licence would not go towards upgrades . I licenced it as normal and can read and write to it I can not realtime tune it but
id imagine it being the different os mods between efi live and hp tuners not being the same id be intrigued to see what hp tuners say about the log if you sent them. I personally going to steer away from hp tuners I prefer the way efi lives lic scheme but that's my opinion
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Paul Mulcahy wrote:I licenced it as normal and can read and write to it I can not realtime tune it but
Did you expect to be able to realtime tune it? Afaik you need hpt's realtime cos (though its rarely used) or roadrunner hardware for efilives realtime option.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i was under the impression only one or two OS's were realtime and even then its only a few tables ?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Would love to understand how realtime tuning even works... honestly sounds like an absolute cluster f**k of problems that could happen.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

with hp tuners it uses what they call a "custom os". once you have activated it via vcm edit, than you open vcm scanner and it shows histographs of things like ve - spark - pe and as you make changes to the values it stores it on a ram till your done you copy and paste it to the vcm edit tables than flash it to the calibrations. it that makes sense next time I use it ill take couple screen shots if you like
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Tazzi wrote:Would love to understand how realtime tuning even works... honestly sounds like an absolute cluster f**k of problems that could happen.
Real "real-time" tuning actually works that while you are making a change in a table the engine is responding to the change. I've got to admit that this is what attracted me to Kalmaker because as I change something the engine is responding immediately without me having to click "upload" or anything else. As far as I am aware, although I am waiting on parts so I can tune my HSV to learn how to use TunerPro5) there aren't really any similar things around for GM vehicles they are all make change then flash over.
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

MAGP wrote:
Tazzi wrote:Would love to understand how realtime tuning even works... honestly sounds like an absolute cluster f**k of problems that could happen.
Real "real-time" tuning actually works that while you are making a change in a table the engine is responding to the change. I've got to admit that this is what attracted me to Kalmaker because as I change something the engine is responding immediately without me having to click "upload" or anything else. As far as I am aware, although I am waiting on parts so I can tune my HSV to learn how to use TunerPro5) there aren't really any similar things around for GM vehicles they are all make change then flash over.
for ls1 hp tuners does it as well as efi live use road runner, for the 5l and v6 you can use an eeprom emulator that does it but I havnt looked into it my self
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Antwon wrote:for ls1 hp tuners does it as well as efi live use road runner, for the 5l and v6 you can use an eeprom emulator that does it but I havnt looked into it my self
If you use TP5 with an emulator I think you're still stuck with TP5's limitations of changing things and then uploading them. The Ostrich 2 and APU1 are both limited by the program used.