VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

Post by Tazzi »

kojab wrote:
Dylan wrote:Off topic I've been looking at both HPT off and on for the past 12 months. I see oj other forums threads get closed people banned etc as it never ends nicely. When there's a EFI Live VS HPT thread.
I'm leaning towards EFI Live from what I've read t has more items defined. I've also read the licensing is cheaper but I walk away confused last time I tried to compare that.

Anyone on here had or have both packages?

I have both and that's why we developed RTLS1. The first ever real time LS1 tuning tool. No licences to buy.

http://www.dickselectronics.com/page.php?6
Ahhhh! I had one of those in my hands at the start of the year. Wondered where it came from!
That revolutionizes the LS1 tuning industry.

Can that be used to recover an ECU with a bad flash?? id assume so if it does full flashes?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

delcowizzid wrote:tunerpro does that too just drag the dots on the graph :D
Ah ok, so the graph is RT but the charts aren't is that correct?
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Tazzi wrote: Ahhhh! I had one of those in my hands at the start of the year. Wondered where it came from!

Can that be used to recover an ECU with a bad flash?? id assume so if it does full flashes?
Do you still have the RTLS1?

The RTLS1 can re-flash the 4000/6000 security block and do a full re-flash of the OS providing the OS communication is still intact.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

kojab wrote:
Tazzi wrote: Ahhhh! I had one of those in my hands at the start of the year. Wondered where it came from!

Do you still have the RTLS1?

The RTLS1 can re-flash the 4000/6000 security block and do a full re-flash of the OS providing the OS communication is still intact.
Nah not anymore. It's a mates unit, I think he purchased it for a project but never got around to installing it (Isnt that always the way!!)
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

kojab wrote:
Dylan wrote:Off topic I've been looking at both HPT off and on for the past 12 months. I see oj other forums threads get closed people banned etc as it never ends nicely. When there's a EFI Live VS HPT thread.
I'm leaning towards EFI Live from what I've read t has more items defined. I've also read the licensing is cheaper but I walk away confused last time I tried to compare that.

Anyone on here had or have both packages?

I have both and that's why we developed RTLS1. The first ever real time LS1 tuning tool. No licences to buy.

http://www.dickselectronics.com/page.php?6
The software looks like it was written for windows 95, I respect what you can do with it but what language did you write the GUI in, looks like delphi or something ancient.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

replying to an old thread, but I have and use 1 of the LS1 roadrunners when tuning cars on the dyno etc.

THe ecu can be ran in 2 modes, in Flash mode it works like any normal ecu. WHen in realtime or emulation mode, once you connect/activate it via the efilive editor any change you make in the editor are instantly changed in the ecu.

you can thus setup ben pid's/maps etc so that you can then let it automatically trim/add fuel while running on the dyno.

As for the HPT reading EFI custom OS stuff, I think it's a bit rude/wrong for HPT to not so much add support for it. But more the fact they are making money to license it for people to tune. Especially since they didn't develop the modified code.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

Well they didn't develop the original ford/gm tunes either so I figure it is fair game. Everyone is just reversing each others software.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

How different are there custom OS's anyway? Is it modified code or just more defined parameters?
Going by the demo versions they look pretty restricted in whats defined. I think the PCM has way more parameters than what's shown.
Highlander
cars: Z06

Post by Highlander »

Tre-Cool wrote:replying to an old thread, but I have and use 1 of the LS1 roadrunners when tuning cars on the dyno etc.

THe ecu can be ran in 2 modes, in Flash mode it works like any normal ecu. WHen in realtime or emulation mode, once you connect/activate it via the efilive editor any change you make in the editor are instantly changed in the ecu.

you can thus setup ben pid's/maps etc so that you can then let it automatically trim/add fuel while running on the dyno.

As for the HPT reading EFI custom OS stuff, I think it's a bit rude/wrong for HPT to not so much add support for it. But more the fact they are making money to license it for people to tune. Especially since they didn't develop the modified code.
I so much agree with you. It should not have happened and now they are generating more revenue for it. Probably even more so than efilive. The Custom OS for the nitrous stuff works.
Highlander
cars: Z06

Post by Highlander »

Dylan wrote:How different are there custom OS's anyway? Is it modified code or just more defined parameters?
Going by the demo versions they look pretty restricted in whats defined. I think the PCM has way more parameters than what's shown.
Specifically in the LS1 ECUs, its extra code added to the ECU for extra functions.
1) retard by rpm after ground activation
2) VE multiplier for Nitrous
3) TPS VE table

those are the few things that are added to the code.