stacking bin files

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
VX L67 Getrag

stacking bin files

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Just checking as I'm 99% sure but whether it's stock GM code or $11/$12p or even kalmaker if bin's need to be stacked to fit on certain eeprom's it ALWAYS uses the last bin on the eeprom doesn't it?

So if your doing anything realtime you need to make sure the xdf is offset to have the changes take place to the last bin on the eeprom?
delcowizzid

Re: stacking bin files

Post by delcowizzid »

yes it uses the last bin on an eprom but youre never tuning a stcked file while realtime tuning anyway you just stack when finished tuning to burn to the eprom
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

When I'm tuning kalmaker on the ostrich it won't run unless it's double stacked so then I'd have to use the offset to tune it realtime wouldn't I?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The bin needs to end at the end of the chip when its in the ecu. Stacking is just a way to offset the start of the file. I tend to use a file of all 00s or all FFs as filler so its less confusing later when someone reads it back. Its clear whats blank and whats used.

This applys to bins up to 64k in size, above that the pcm is using bank switching. Eg if you have a 512kbyte (not bit) chip and a 128kbyte bin its going to be a very custom setup and these rules are not the way to be thinking.

Yes tune with the offset. OSEPlugin does this for you normally but for the ostrich it'll be different. Not sure if it does it for you or you might need to edit the xdf header. I recall the autoprom might have done it for you and ostrich would probably be the same.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396