Where are you NZ guys getting the ROMs from?

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
HoldenXtreme
cars: VP w/ VN Series 1 motor, Auto, Calais electrics, Leather back seat (oh yeah)

Where are you NZ guys getting the ROMs from?

Post by HoldenXtreme »

Hey dudes,

I brought some 28c256s and found the swapping of pin 1 and 27 didnt work. I used a 0 offset because 4000 wouldent write. I am trying to buy 29c256s and 27SF512s. Does anyone know where I can buy them locally (New Zealand) or in Australia? I have tried the big places like Farnell, Tradetech etc. but they dont stock it for some reason.
delcowizzid

Re: Where are you NZ guys getting the ROMs from?

Post by delcowizzid »

i have a guy in aussie sends me 27c256's in as big a lot as i want 20-100 at a time about $3.50 each i get all the bigger ones from futurlec online how many you need im getting low but could do a few
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
HoldenXtreme
cars: VP w/ VN Series 1 motor, Auto, Calais electrics, Leather back seat (oh yeah)

Post by HoldenXtreme »

I am just starting out so 10 would be good. I am also after the EEPROMs for playing around with the tune
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i just sent his email addy buy 20 if you can to make it worth his while sending them.i never use eeproms only use uv erase eproms and use the realtime gear to tune with then burn tunes to eprom when finished when i first started i just erased and burnt heaps of tunes on eprom i only had one spare chip when i started burnt it over 100 times LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

I dont think you can buy 29c256 anymore ,ive got 2 and treat them like gold even though i dont use them anymore , but i think you can still buy 27sf512 from moates.net .
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

they stopped making 29c256 a while ago but theres still plenty forsale in the market place and will be for quite some time ide say.theres a guy on pgmfi.org selling hundreds of them if you are after some
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Why not just start with the best option and buy one of VL400s nvsram setups , youll never look back and be able to make the most of using delco ecms including using flash tool .Anything else is primative .As DELCOWIZZARD said just use eproms once you have finished a tune. :driving:
GM Tech

Post by GM Tech »

I use the sst chips from moates, never had a problem, just change the offsets for 128, 256 and 512 before burning.
HoldenXtreme

Post by HoldenXtreme »

Cheers for the info dudes. I am PMing VL400 at the moment for some of his products.