vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: GQ-4X Win10 problems

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Yeah, I think I've tried both number 7 and 8 from that list.

I think it is a Win10 issue because it just doesn't load the driver and comes up with a fault. Fucking Microsoft, why not just say it's an un-signed driver and give the user the option to override....... :rant:

edit: I've made other changes in Win10 before with no effect. Reboot, turn off what I wanted to turn on, reboot again and then turn function on again to eventually get it to work. Still many bugs in this POS.

Probably is a win 10 problem. I've had nothing but problems with hardware and driver support across the board. Main issues I have seen with win 10 is drivers are certified but don't work at all, or hardware sort of works but weirdly like its physically faulty but its not. Had a massive headache with all my customers at work when their PCs updated to 10 automatically and each customer had different "faults" with hardware despite all being virtually the same PCs. Most needed formatting and going back to & to fix the issues.

I'm looking at doing the same with the company laptop as its human interface devices are behaving like they are faulty. Key randomly start and stop working or swap positions, num pad only partly works and changes moment to moment. And its soooooooo daaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn slowwww! i7, 8 gb ram and decent geforce GPU and it takes 20 min to load before I can even get firefox to load lol. No I can't find any viruses or anything, just went like that after it did an auto update to win 10

Such a shit of an OS :comp:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Mine was real slow to boot and then with one of the updates it came with a "fast boot" option? Don't know what it does but it does boot up a lot faster now. I'm using i5, 8gb ram but still a standard hard drive with geforce 940mx GPU. Going to slot in a SSD I think to see what that does for boot up. MY old i5 with SSD absolutely kicks this machines ass, it just bugs out and crashes when it gets hot :(

edit : at least I'm cooking chips again :D

edit 2 : Win 10 theme and user interface :wall: :typist: :comp:
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Immortality I picked up GQ-4X a few weeks ago running win7 and had an absolute nightmare trying to get the thing to "initiate the device".
I tried every driver version and usb driver from the latest to the earliest and tried every usb cable I had as advised by Antus in one of his posts about the GQ-4X and possible low usb cable voltage and also the "windows driver signing" etc etc and booting up in safe mode with blaa blaa files
I almost gave up after about 3 nights of trying and thinking it might be a clone or a faulty unit.
Then it dawned on me that everytime I unzipped the device driver files,it would unzip as separate files and not into a folder with the device driver files.
So everytime I tried to install a "new device" in win7 it could never find the files even though it was there.....it was actually looking for a folder with the files in it.
I hope this might help others trying to get their GQ-4X working in win 7 and possibly 8/10 as well.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

monaro308 wrote:Immortality I picked up GQ-4X a few weeks ago running win7 and had an absolute nightmare trying to get the thing to "initiate the device".
I tried every driver version and usb driver from the latest to the earliest and tried every usb cable I had as advised by Antus in one of his posts about the GQ-4X and possible low usb cable voltage and also the "windows driver signing" etc etc and booting up in safe mode with blaa blaa files
I almost gave up after about 3 nights of trying and thinking it might be a clone or a faulty unit.
Then it dawned on me that everytime I unzipped the device driver files,it would unzip as separate files and not into a folder with the device driver files.
So everytime I tried to install a "new device" in win7 it could never find the files even though it was there.....it was actually looking for a folder with the files in it.
I hope this might help others trying to get their GQ-4X working in win 7 and possibly 8/10 as well.
My laptop did the same thing after the upgrade to win10, but the pc had no issue.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
immortality

Post by immortality »

That didn't seem to be a problem, when I unzipped the file the 3 driver files were in a folder named x86. Then I manually linked that folder to update the driver but it just wouldn't recognize em :(

edit: Actually, I wonder if you're onto something there. The 3 driver files are in their own sub-folder, looking at the later USB3 driver files the signed .cat file is in the same folder as the driver files.....

Doesn't solve the issue of the unsigned driver files though.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

For windows 10 its download 7, signed drivers for windows 10. They are signed, you dont need to use the unsigned restart thing and its not relevant but win 10 aniversary edition and newer unsigned drivers dont work even if you restart in the special mode. All versions of win 10 would have updated to amniversary by now by default.

Note that all (almost all?) win 10 are 64bit so you pick the directory with x86 and amd64 in it. The drivers that load will be amd64 not x86 because that is the name of the 64bit architecture which amd and intel both use (intels 64bit itanium was not x86 compatible and failed in the market so they adopted amd's 64 bit design)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I gave up a wile ago trying to get it wokrign on my laptop. when I enabled bitlocker it broke windows advanced options, so I couldnt turn of signature enforcement.

I just installed the free VMware player and have an XP VM to run this sort of shit.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I have mine working on 2 laptops with Windows 10.
Is there something I could check for anyone? It didn't work straight up I had to get the latest driver from there server it all was working.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I had trouble at first and did the same now it works on ten fine
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality

Post by immortality »

All good here now.

My problem was that I was linking the wrong directory/files as antus mentioned. Once the master directory was linked it seemed to work.