GQ-4X Win10 problems

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

GQ-4X Win10 problems

Post by immortality »

Hey guys,

Having some trouble getting the GQ-4X to work on my Win 10 laptop. Not 100% sure what the story is.

I have downloaded the GQUSB program and installed it, downloaded the drivers too but when I plug in the programmer in it doesn't recognize it so you have to manually install the driver however it won't recognize the driver.

Now apparently there are 2 versions of the GQ-4X, I've downloaded the software for both versions as well as the drivers for both. The older version which apparently still used the older USB2 driver and the later which uses a new USB3 driver (for Win 10) however when updating the driver windows doesn't recognize either. TBH, I'm not sure which version of the programmer I have but the case only shows GQ-4X with a little gold sticker behind it.

Any help much appreciated (bloody win 10)

Had to go back to the old laptop to help out a mate with some changes.

Cheers
v8slrtorana
cars: HX Holden 5ltr EFI
HX Holden 5ltr carby

Re: GQ-4X Win10 problems

Post by v8slrtorana »

Im 99.9% sure im using this driver for my win10 laptop
http://www.mcumall.com/downloads/downlo ... nloadID=55

Its the digi signed version of 2.0.1.0
immortality

Post by immortality »

Cheers,

Fairly sure I tried that one but will try it again. For some reason when I go to update driver and direct it to the right directory windows just doesn't recognize the file?
The1

Post by The1 »

remember with win10 you'l prob need to reboot into driver mode, hold shift while clicking reboot, it's cause the driver isn't signed.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Damn, you learn something new everyday.

Bloody windows, you'd think been logged in with administrator rights would be enough....

Cheers, I'll give that a try.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Still no go.

Re-downloaded driver from above link which should be a signed driver.

Re-booted with the shift button, rebooted with advanced options, "7, don't enforce signed drivers".

Not sure what to do next?
immortality

Post by immortality »

OK, got it working now.

I ended up using this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/km3nzclj6te0a ... p.exe?dl=0

I've had a lot of issues with Win 10, really getting sick of it TBH.

I wonder if the advanced options re-start actually worked?

Any more info would be good.

Any more info in changing the windows 10 theme to look more like windows 7 would be great.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

When I installed mine the mcumall site said the newer model of the GQ-4X (v4) had a driver that wouldn't work with the older models. From memory I used the number 8 download on this list http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/m ... wnload.asp
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

immortality wrote:I've had a lot of issues with Win 10, really getting sick of it TBH.
Windows 10 is a rolling release now. There is some testing done before things get updated and new features get added but the testing is nothing like it should be.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Yeah, I think I've tried both number 7 and 8 from that list.

I think it is a Win10 issue because it just doesn't load the driver and comes up with a fault. Fucking Microsoft, why not just say it's an un-signed driver and give the user the option to override....... :rant:

edit: I've made other changes in Win10 before with no effect. Reboot, turn off what I wanted to turn on, reboot again and then turn function on again to eventually get it to work. Still many bugs in this POS.