Stock VT memcal write fail VT SC Enhanced

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
The1

Re: Stock VT memcal write fail VT SC Enhanced

Post by The1 »

yep that's correct, only other thing i can think of is the socket on these burners are silly sometimes, push the locking pin down and then put the chip in and then release so insert it in reverse. Also select FM27C010 in the program before trying to ID.
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Post by L67VSTY »

I tried the reverse order to install the chip but it tends to slide up at one end I held it in the ZIF & it still doesn't ID, The ZIF connector appears to work how it is suppose to on this unit with the lever locked in the down position once the chip is installed.
I also tried the FM27C010 in the device again & still no ID.
I tried to change the USB cable and still no different.
I accidentally installed the chip one slot up from the bottom of the ZIF (1st slots were empty & the lower pins started from the 2nd slots) then I got it to ID Device ID (hex) 808
Manufacture Inmos
Type unknown device
Revision -
But the hex code in the buffer reads 08 08 all the way through on the blank chip & the one that isn't erased also.
I emailed the supplier a few days ago but still no word back yet, I Thank you all for your help so far.
sample ID.xlsx
(18.33 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Post by L67VSTY »

Success

FYI response from the supplier below I followed the instructions and it worked 1st time on the 0 speed all else was the same, I am looking forward to making some changes soon.

Programming the older eproms you may need to slow the programming speed down.
On the right hand side of the window under Speed try programming at 0 or even -1 or -2.
Ensure you get a successful blank check on the eprom before trying to program.
You will not get a device ID from these devices.

Thanks all for your help. :thumbup: :D
The1

Post by The1 »

sounds like the chip is dying, ive found that once you have to slow it down, then eventually it will have sectors that wont erase no matter how long you leave it under the UV.