NEW TO TUNING HELP WITH BUYING PROGRAMMER

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
H1GHROLLR
cars: {H1GHROLLR} CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED A.K.A NITROUS FED R8 CLUBBY and {CHASN10S} HEAD,CAM,NITROUS,CAGED VT LS1 DRAG CAR

NEW TO TUNING HELP WITH BUYING PROGRAMMER

Post by H1GHROLLR »

HELLO people my name is mark, nice to meet you all i build motors/box etc for street and race applications BUT have decided to go the extra mile and start learning to tune with TUNERPRO

now has come the time to buy the programmer, i have been hunting around but did not really know what i was looking at is sumthing like this ok http://www.darkwire.com.au/html/willem_programmer.html

also do i need an uv eraser, and where can i buy memecals from ??? . . . . . now im going to be posting up alot in the futre so thanks for your patience in this matter, also does any one use msn messenger

if so please add me on dartyvxclubby@hotmail.com that way i cask some questions on there :thumbup: thanks guys talk soon
H1GHROLLR
cars: {H1GHROLLR} CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED A.K.A NITROUS FED R8 CLUBBY and {CHASN10S} HEAD,CAM,NITROUS,CAGED VT LS1 DRAG CAR

RECOMMEND A PROGRAMMER FOR ME

Post by H1GHROLLR »

HELLO , im new to this and just getting started, i have fiddled around with a few tunes and now ready to try burn it, BUT i dont have a programmer etc , i dont want to spend huge ammounts on one, all the

tunes i do are for me and family, not making profit etc just some fun, so what is a good unit for me , by the way im using tunerpro. . . . thanks for your help :thumbup:
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Re: NEW TO TUNING HELP WITH BUYING PROGRAMMER

Post by Dec_head »

I had a willem for years worked great until the dip switches wore out then it was a headache.
I purchased the usb gq-4x from http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/c ... cIndex.asp
It has great software and so far so good no more stuffing around with dip switches and the software is a lot better as well.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol i have the same issue with my willem, had it for about 5 yrs too ... i have purchased some dip sockets and a new switch, i'm gonna solder the socket in then can simply replace dip switches if i ever need to.
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

I had the Willem Dual Power programmer, which was fine when I had a laptop that had an LPT port, when that laptop died, it was either buy a $100 adaptor, or buy a $90 programmer. I went with the new programmer. ;)

My current programmer is the Willem GQ-3X. Works great, and I can use it for more than just automotive applications. :)

I bought mine from MCUmall.com.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

I have built my own programmer in the past (15 years ago) and used numerous other cheepo's with varying degrees of success, Dont go there. I currently have a Willem GQ-4x and it works well. Got it from darkwire.

I have heard good reports about the wellon programmer too.

Spend the extra dosh and get one in the case. Weird things happen to electronics when left unprotected during transport (my laptop bag toasted something on an old one).
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

its amazing what static electricity can do hey!