BIN Check Please

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
v6bucket

BIN Check Please

Post by v6bucket »

I'm setting up a new laptop, confirming that everything is working correctly & having some trouble with the GQ-4X. When I click on "open file" it doesn't show .bin that I need until I highlight show "All Files". Using the same file on my home pc the GQ-4X shows the bin that I need.
Can someone please check that the bin has the correct stuff(technical term) in the correct places, I don't understand Hex etc. The bin is 12P V112.
Eco1.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
The1

Re: BIN Check Please

Post by The1 »

not hard to do, checkout the guide i did called "EEPROM Burning Bin Stacking and Verifying Data Guide.pdf" in FAQ

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

File looks ok, cas calibration and operating system on it (can see OSE12Pro Flsh and OSE12Pro Prog at the end of it in a hex editor showing OS is present).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
FXST02
cars: VP V6 Auto sedan

Post by FXST02 »

Using Tunerpro to read the bin?

If so, you need to go to Tunerpro Preferences, General and associate *.bin
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks all, just after another set of eyes to make sure it was ok.
Still not sure why the laptop with the GQ-4X connected doesn't show the bin file when loading the bin to burn onto a memcal, until the "All Files" is highlighted, both my PC & laptop appear to be setup the same.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Is it upper case vs lower case bin? The one you have here is lower case, and the GQ software lists upper and lower but UPPER is the default. Bit strange, but maybe thats it.
Attachments
gq BIN vs bin.png
gq BIN vs bin.png (61.96 KiB) Viewed 5727 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Don't know why, but the laptop is now working as it should.