Possible lock on delco memcal

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Jackson.
cars: LX Torana

Possible lock on delco memcal

Post by Jackson. »

Hi,

Ive had my ecu in at a local workshop who then sent it off to someone in sydney for the VATS removal.
I had word back today that the guy unlocking it had no luck as apparently it is locked out from a tune?

My question is, if it is locked out, is there any way of getting the security removed and maintaining the tune on the memcal?

As far as i was aware the engine the ecu came with was stock. But if it isnt stock, I'd like to not have to pay to have it retuned if it needs to be reset for the VATS removal.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this?

Thank you
delcowizzid

Re: Possible lock on delco memcal

Post by delcowizzid »

What model its possibly kalmaker and the guy doesn't have the software to read it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jackson.
cars: LX Torana

Post by Jackson. »

Its out of a VT 5ltr auto ecu
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Use flash tool to read it over the ALDL stream
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Dylan wrote:Use flash tool to read it over the ALDL stream
Wouldn't the VT ECU/PCM use 128k bytes of EPROM? I think the Flash tool can only read 64k bytes, so such a BIN wouldn't be valid. Instead, he'd need to remove the memcal and read it with a programmer via an adaptor. Assuming a standard memcal (without encryption), he could also extract the EPROM and read it directly on the programmer (no adaptor required).
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Think it'll read a VT ok, it can read VX VY flash without trouble.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

No it wont, the vx/vy flash pcm is a different beast and the read/write process is different. The VT will have trouble reading the bank which switches at run time. Having said that the calibration area is not swapped so if you understand the mapping you'll still get a good cal. A pic of the memcal might shed some light. There are various types of after market protected chips. If the engine is stock obviously you could just drop in a stock vats removed memcal.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396