How do I read my EEPROM to get my fuel VE and spark tables??

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
PeterA
cars: Holden Rodeo 2002 petrol 2.2L C22NE engine

How do I read my EEPROM to get my fuel VE and spark tables??

Post by PeterA »

What do I have to do to be able to read the information off of my EEPROM to get my fuel and ignition tables?

I am aware that there is a .bin file and you also need a .xdf file. I used tunerpro and opened up a random .bin file then opened up the matching .xdf file and I was able to see heaps of detailed information.

So I would need some device that I can plug my chip into so that it can read the data. Wouldn't I also need a .bin file and a matching .xdf file too. I think the bin files you can extract from the memcal??? but what do you do about the xdf file?
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Re: How do I read my EEPROM to get my fuel VE and spark tabl

Post by pman92 »

The bin file is the "binary", its the actual data stored on the memcal.
The XDF is the binary definition file. It tells (defines to) tunerpro what parts of the bin file are what (eg. This part of the bin file from here to here is this table).

If the eeprom is still soldered on the memcal you could use an adaptor to mount and read it in a programmer (eg. GQ4X or TL866). Alternatively remove it from the memcal and mount it directly in the programmer.
Or even easier again use the flash tool software to download it via ALDL/serial data (assuming all hardware requirements, eg. High speed comms if its an 808, and software requirements, eg the code on the memcal allows this).

And then you will need the matching xdf for tunerpro to make sense of it
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
PeterA
cars: Holden Rodeo 2002 petrol 2.2L C22NE engine

Post by PeterA »

Hmm yeah that xdf file is the worry i think. So assume that i can pull that data off the chip. If i can not find an exf what do you do then?

Is it possible that my memcal holden rodeo 2002 2.2 petrol would match to a similar holden astra xdf etc?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You might be a bit out of luck. The rodeo ecus do not have much of a tuning community behind them and its reasonably unlikely that the maps are defined and that an xdf is available. Also our existing reader tools will not support this ecu. You would probably be better off swapping to another engine computer like the '808 then tune that so that you can run 12p but it will be more of a job than what you might be hoping. A lot of the hardware will likely be compatible, but not all, and you would need to address that by replacing the incompatible hardware with something that is.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396