NVRAM & Tuner Pro Error Car won't Start

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Re: NVRAM & Tuner Pro Error Car won't Start

Post by L67VSTY »

It has been running fine with the wideband I connected it 6 months ago approx April & it has been good until I started changing the Fuel inj multiplier & it got worse each time not sure if coincidence.

I have run power for the heater from the battery via a relay but it sits below the ECU.

Is OSE plugin the flashtool ?

Would it matter if the flashtool if it was an old version or it has to be V1.51 for the NVRAM ?

What I am stuck on at the moment is how to get a com port appear in the flashtool if you could help.

I am sure it has The 1s enhanced tune in there with the NVRAM.

Yes it would be a 3rd party ALDL cable have had no issues previously, I know that means nothing.

Cheers
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

oseplugin is the plugin I wrote which you run with tunerpro to do the realtime tuning. it'll connect when you hit connect and its another way to see what code is on the nvram. See the first screenshot here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590 (zoom in on it) and see down the bottom where it says "Hardware: OSE 12 Pro v1.1.0" In your case it will give you type and version number of the bin (if it can connect). If it cant, and your sure the right software is on the nvram, you should take it up as a comms issue with the person who sold you the cable. The fact it has been getting worse does sound like a degrading interface and most the other, cheaper ALDL interfaces are based on a simple diode and resistor circuit with a cheap usb interface chip and dont work very well. 3rd party aldl interfaces are probably the biggest cause of problems we see on the forums and it wastes a lot of our time for hardware problems which are outside of our control. See this thread for another just days ago. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6123
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

HI Antus Tuner Pro RT gave me the details you said to look out for see image it was A5GE 1.3 VTV6 AT Realtim.

I tried the flashtool again & rec a error msg again see image I then went into flashtool & the comm port appeared I retried flashtool & it brought up RT A5GE 1.3 VTV6 A PCM instead of "Factory VT PCM" yet it was still the same NVRAM with no changes from before.

I had a look at the threads you linked & open up my cable it is a combination of the 2 shown & has a diode with a wire to pin no.9.

So I am still unsure where my issue is, the car, cable or laptop. Cheers
Attachments
OSEFTverEnh1s.JPG
OSEFTverEnh1s.JPG (68.21 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
FTNoComm.JPG
FTNoComm.JPG (61.05 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
TProRTVerEnh1s.JPG
TProRTVerEnh1s.JPG (49.53 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Well that proves you have the right thing on the nvram, and the data is being corrupted (different results at different times). I would stand fairly sure its a cable or cheap cable chipset driver problem. If not its a car problem. But from here you'll need to take it up with the cable vendor.....
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

Update -Thanks guys for your help in sorting this.

I have replaced ABS module & everything appears to be working properly now, although after the upload of cal file with OS Flashtool I had errors appearing like before twice, I left it for a few mins & it connected fine, I have ordered your cable & will be waiting for that before doing anymore changes as I don't want to have any more issues.

Thanks again & hope this may help someone else.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Hi, not a problem. Thanks for the update. Ive responded to your pm.