antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: New NVRAM setup

Post by antus »

The OS is 12P version 1.1.1. The current version is V1.1.2, which has a couple of extra features but nothing major. Get and use the V1.1.1 zip file from the bottom of the 12P thread, or use the ose delco flash tool to upgrade the calibration to v1.1.2. I would suggest sticking with v1.1.1 is easiest. There are no problems with it, only features in 1.1.2 which you are not likely to use. viewforum.php?f=27

If its our comms board viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3613 (im not aware of any other types getting around) it should be stable. It could be an issue with the USB cable - poor shielding or really thin wires that cant power the comms board. If its not that and you have the software right, including the right echo setting in oseplugin (echo on), then it could be RFI coming out of the ignition somewhere when the engine is running. If it logs ok with the engine off, and has issues with the engine on this is most likely. Check the leads, plugs, for any high voltage arcing. If it has a wideband check where its power is wired. If its too close to the pcm the high current switching for the heater circuit can cause problems. Disconnect it and see if the problems go away and re-visit its power connection loom location if it does.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Also make sure your using a usb cable with the ferrite bead
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
SoullessShadow
cars: Ba Futura Wagon - Been turboed since 2009
3 x Celica GT4s 1 is a Group A
ST141 Corona - 3sgte swap is planned
EP71 Toyota Starlet Turbo S
A few e36 BMW's

Post by SoullessShadow »

So if I am using the wrong OS would that explain why it worked until I loaded the other .bin onto the nvram?

I'll try looking thru the file again and see if I can ID it 100%.
Thanks again
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

No, not in the way you described. It sounds more like a hardware problem. In general you should always use the matching adx and xdf but in this case as I worked with VL400 on writing the software I know nothing changed in the data stream that would trip you up.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
SoullessShadow
A few e36 BMW's

Post by SoullessShadow »

Thanks again for the replies. I havent been able to get out to the car to test anything. But hopefully will be able to tonight and have a play around again and get some log files.
I'm going to try putting the original .bin that I saved back onto the nvram and see what that does.
I have a moates burn2 if something really stuffs up. Am I able to use that to re load the entire .bin and not just the cal section using tp5
SoullessShadow
A few e36 BMW's

Post by SoullessShadow »

So finally had time to go out to the car tonight.
Wanted to try a few things but now it seems something is really not right. TP5 says everything is working and connected but there is no data coming thru. i cant download the bin or upload another bin to the nvram. The car still starts and runs. But i cant see any live data.

When i try to upload another bin it comes up with version mismatch. Attempt to write v0.0.0 cal to a v1.1.2 device. Will even say that when i try to uplaod the bin that come preloaded on the NVRAM which i saved when everything was working.

Is there something i can do with the burn2 that can slavage it? or return it to how it was sent out when it seemed to work ok. Once i loaded the bin from the old memcal onto the nvram is when i started having trouble. i can pm the .bin to anyone that has time to look at it and see what the problem could be. TIA
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

V112 is right, the car hardware is ok. It sounds like a problem with your file v000 sounds empty.
SoullessShadow
A few e36 BMW's

Post by SoullessShadow »

I'm not sure they look okay in TP5. i tried a few different ones and they all did something similar. I cant download from the nvram now either to even get whats on their off.
SoullessShadow
A few e36 BMW's

Post by SoullessShadow »

Also just checked using the memcal ID tool. The .bin from the old memcal comes up as OSE12pro version 1.11. The other .bin is that file that i flashed to the nvram and then downloaded again and saved it comes up as unknown. That would only be the cal section of the bin though ??
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Mixing and matching software and versions will break stuff. Take a step back. Your ecm is on v112 of 12p. Upload a stock 12p bin file and you should be back to the starting point. Dont upload anything that is not 12p v112. Now start to log your engine and dial it in.

I ship them with the read write jumper set to off. This write protects the nvram and might have saved you. You will need to set it to RW if you havnt before you can make any changes. Make sure everything is working properly and you have a compatible file or the calibration is loaded from the car in tunerpro first. There are a couple of checks which you have seen that stop you doing damaging things, but random data can get through.