SoullessShadow
cars: Ba Futura Wagon - Been turboed since 2009
3 x Celica GT4s 1 is a Group A
ST141 Corona - 3sgte swap is planned
EP71 Toyota Starlet Turbo S
A few e36 BMW's

Re: New NVRAM setup

Post by SoullessShadow »

I checked to make sure everything was working from the instructions that got sent out with nvram. But couldnt start the car with the software that was preloaded. Car has bigger injectors methonal etc. I was pretty happy that it was working so I moved the RW jumper so I could put the calibration from his old memcal onto the nvram which I thought was the same version but it's not as I found out last night.(definitely my stuff up I'm doing this after I've already been at work for 12 hours)

Once I did that the car started and run. But since then i havent been able to to do much else i wanted to upload the stock 12p bin back onto the nvram but i cant read or write to it now at all. I can connect to it but cant seem to do much else.
Now that I've stuffed it up what steps do I take to go about fixing it?
I appreciate your replies they have been very helpful so far.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If you are going to use his old $12p v1.1.1 tune you need to reload the nvram with the $12p v1.1.1 base tune or stack the contents of his memcal mental and burn it to the nvram with a chip programmer that supports the Dallas 1245y nvram
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Update the v111 calibration to v112 with ose flashtool update calibration function.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
SoullessShadow
A few e36 BMW's

Post by SoullessShadow »

Okay I will have a go at updating the calibration tonight. But I'm not sure I'll be able to upload it to the nvram as I cant seem to have comms with the ECM now
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

It sounds like youve uploaded something thats stopped the bin running. Assuming thats the case you will need to use a chip programmer directly on the nvram chip to flash it with a fresh copy of 12p. Something like a gq4x4 or a tl866 should do it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
SoullessShadow
A few e36 BMW's

Post by SoullessShadow »

Well ive managed to use the FlashTool to save the .cal section of the tuned .bin using the flexible output editor. Then i used the Migrate OSE Cal File to convert it from v111 to v112. I opened the .cal in tunerproRT and now the major, minor and build version number is 01 01 and 02 and the old .cal is 01 01 01 so does that mean ive done that part of it correctly?

Okay and thats not something Moates Burn2 can do i guess? is there a topic on here that goes thru how to put a fresh copy of 12p onto the nvram?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yes you have done it correctly. No the moates burn2 only supports plain chips, not the dallas ds1245y. The process is pretty much the same with most programmers, pick the type of chip, load the file, insert the chip in the programmer, hit write.

Something like this would do it https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TL866CS-Pro ... 2822049577 but the product has been discontinued and there are many clones around. It would also take about 2 weeks to get to AU from HK. I expect the one I just linked would probably work, as would others, but due to the dodgy nature of ebay around cloned products I cant be sure.

There is also one from darkwire here who is an aussie seller who has been doing that type of kit for a long time. If you wanted it quick and with less risk it might be the one https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XGecu-XGpro ... 2521268336
SoullessShadow
A few e36 BMW's

Post by SoullessShadow »

Thank you for that. Have ordered the one from darkwire that you linked. Will have a go at fixing it up when it arrives
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

When you pull the chip out be super carefull. The legs are thin and they tend to want to suddenly jump out when theyre close and bend the corner pin. Keep in mind that its going to try and do this to you and try and keep it flat when its nearly out. You'll need to write one of the stacked files from the 12p zip to the nvram in the programmer.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

I bought a cheap TL866 from ebay a couple of years ago and it has worked flawlessly on a variety of different chips.

As antus said be careful with the pins on the NVRAM DS1245Y. They are super small and easy to bend. I didn't realise this the first time I pulled mine out and almost came unstuck and destroyed it.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au