antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: TL866II+ds1245y programming

Post by antus »

Is it a clone minipro? I thought they just told you if something was up with the hardware, and they didnt mess you around but I dont know for sure as mine were genuine. Although there was a version that semi bricked them. For details have a read here (and around this post). https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevb ... msg1713203 It looks like software version 6.8 was the nasty one. Hopefully thats not the one thats on your PC.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

From what i can tell that was for the cs and a series programmers mines a tl866II which doesn’t seem to have the piracy issues and I went to the website for the programmers and it seems to be the same as a genuine I don’t get any messages saying it’s counterfiet
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yep, the IIs have not been cloned as far as Ive heard so thats not it. What about how the nvram IC is sitting in the chip holder on the PCB? Ive not heard of problems with those sockets, and actually only use the same expensive high quality ones on VL400s recommendations, but im trying to think what else it could be. Maybe gently lean on the chip in the nvram (to the side) and key on, to test for loose connections in the nvram to ecm or nvram to socket. Ive seen this on memcals with eeproms soldered directly in to them where heat has gone down the pin and melted the memcal plastic, but ive not seen it happen on an nvram. Running out of ideas of the top of my head.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

ok so after a couple of weeks of refusing to look at this again and wanting to take to it with sledgehammer ive come back to it finally but this time i thought i would upload a few pics of using the programmer to make sure im using it right so he we go

first off ensure correct chip is selected at top left DS1245y RW not test and a no bin info loaded
programming 1.JPG
programming 1.JPG (229.4 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
next find correct bin to load in this case OSE$12p V112 blcf V8 Stacked
programming 2.JPG
programming 2.JPG (150.7 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
ensure there is hex data loaded start of the page shows FF but if i scroll down there seems to be 2 sections of data. hit program icon at top middle (P) then hit ok im sure i dont have to change any addressing here
programming 3.JPG
programming 3.JPG (213.83 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
next check that its fitted in zif socket with correct orientation which it is as per pic at lock end with dot to lock hit program
programming 4.JPG
programming 4.JPG (177.14 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
programmed and verified all ok
programming 5.JPG
programming 5.JPG (177.28 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
please tell me im over looking something easy and small if not im just going to have to buy 2 more nvram units just seems a shame both are dead
thanks
Darren
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

oh and antus i did check to make sure its making contact with pins and socket my nvram is a bit sketchy as i knocked a pin off the nvram and dodged it back up and has been working fine for years but my mates one is perfect the sockets nice and tight and i tried holding them when powering them and made no difference or moving them about. also mine stopped working after dropping solder directly onto the nvram header pins and powering it up. oh and the map switch light turns on and off on both when the jumper is on or off
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

ok so just realized that there was an update to software and firmware of the programmer did that and carried out a program on it and guess what i now have 2 working nvrams did nothing different beside the software and firmware update
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

thanks so much for posting this, ive been hesitant to recommend any programmer these days and i have been thinking about this and nervous to recommend these programmers. its great that its works and thanks again for posting!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

There's a new version out now the guy stopped selling these 2 types due to counterfeiters selling so many.he reckons it won't be able to be copied like the last version lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

All good hopefully someone else finds it useful as well. As for counterfeiting this programmer I’m using is the newer type tl866II not the a or c I think they were which is like you said unable to be copied and it works magic now. the drivers as a little bit weird to get working after first install but after that it works fine I’d recommend it to anyone looking for one