cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Problem with GQ-4X

Post by Charlescrown »

All was well and all of a sudden my GX4X crashed my PC. After a bit of discovery I found out it was when I try to open the software with or without the GQ4X plugged in so I figured it was a bad program so I reloaded it. Again it crashes so I tried my GQ4X on my laptop. All is fine. Any ideas from you It guys.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Problem with GQ-4X

Post by Charlescrown »

OK an update. I found that if I right click and run as administrator it works. Any ideas as to whats gone wrong?
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Most likely, Bill has sent you an "update" ...

Joe.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Uncle Bill gets me like that too .stuff randomly stops working and I spend hours making shit work again haha
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Hadn't thought of that. Well it works fine as administrator so I'll live with that.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Try changing your account type to administrator, run the app, change account type back, sometimes that resolves those kind of issues.

And because I'm a bit (a lot) anal, I like to reboot between each action. Windows likes to be rebooted.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have my PC setup with an administrator and to be honest I need to google just how to do it but it's working great when opened as admin so until I work out how to change things I guess I'll just put up with making the odd mistake and try to open it without admin and crash my PC. Thanks again.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Whoaa dangerous ...

One should always have an Admin account for recovery purposes in case your user account shits it's self.

And everyone knows MS products choke, puke and shit all over themselves frequently, not to mention shitting all over the place.

Thus I always recommend to first create (the first account) an Admin account, then create user accounts.

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Depends on the version of OS and if updates are on or off. I know 10 shits itself often and you can't turn off the updates.

For that reason among others I run 7 and haven't touched my install for at least 4-5 years and its still working flawlessly. I only do manual updates which I download directly from MS site, like .net, VS, updates and critical hotfixes, security patches. I only do the min to avoid bloating the OS and breaking it.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Can't argue that, Win7 done/used right is pretty stable, however not many do as we do and shrinking, most are just users that have not a clue.

And it's only stable because Billy's boy's aren't shaping the edge (future) with it.

And let us not forget how stable XP is.