OSE Enhanced Flash Tool question

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
JohnDee68
cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.

Re: OSE Enhanced Flash Tool question

Post by JohnDee68 »

Thanks VXL67 Getrag,

I was thinking that the mapping needed to be set correctly though as presumed the write/read would be referring to it during read/write. Are you saying the program doesnt reflect those settings during read/write if the software has detected the PCM itself? I am obviously confused, more than normally now. :)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

its more automatic than that. you pick interface type, pcm type and how (eg flash pcm in car or on bench). pick the com port and hit connect. it'll id the pcm and thats it, your ready to read or write.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
JohnDee68

Post by JohnDee68 »

thank you antus that was what i had thought it would have been like. though i still seems to be getting some CAL addresses seemingly not being changed when i upload a CAL to the PCM in my car but that might be my missinterpretation. But I need to confirm it isn't just that the addresses are outside the writable area of the PCM. hence why i question what the mapping and address locations are for the PCM chipset. I am learning, though it being an older PCM, any learning should be good somehow eventually...

these questions I ask are raised from actual issues or queries I am experiencing with my own car while owning it all of 16 years now. So i am trying to eliminate the possible causes while also needing to learn the basics to know how its meant to work when good, as to be able to fix something that's wrong.

thanks again.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ok, I loaded the app, set the configuration, then opened custom memory mapping, and the values are exactly correct. These are the presets in the app, and they are right with the exception of the ROM mapping which ends at 1FFF. Though the PCM uses bank switching and addresses it within the displayed range. The flash tool and the flash kernel know how to do this mapping to read all banks through the displayed addresses. When the bank switching is active the top 32k is swapped in to the address space. It is entirely code up there. Engine code is in one bank 8000-FFFF, trans code is in the other 18000-1FFFF (or vice versa, not sure without digging in to some old work). Calibration for both is as pictured and in scope for both banks.
Attachments
vx vy memory mapping.png
vx vy memory mapping.png (19.19 KiB) Viewed 3347 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
JohnDee68

Post by JohnDee68 »

Thanks again antus for looking in to this. its greatly appreciated and useful.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Upload bin uploads everything upload cal is only uploading the calibration settings not any operating system code when you do a clone you have to to write bin and your bin read off your old pcm needs to not have the registers cleared
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
JohnDee68

Post by JohnDee68 »

Thanks delcowizzid, i follow that, appreciate the knowledge shared.

delcowizzid, from memory you had or still have a VX wagon? If so, do you happen to have a tunerproRT log file of a good running system, that you could send me so I can compare some of my vehicles readings please? as I am using more fuel than previously (drop of around 10mpg ) and I am trying to learn how to diagnose faults with logs.

Appreciate the advise and guidance.