First post and totally overwhelmed VSS help required

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Ddstoys
cars: HQ Monaro
WB one tonner

First post and totally overwhelmed VSS help required

Post by Ddstoys »

Hi everyone first post and also after help with my first ever fuel injected project.

Already tried searching but it’s so far out of my league I don’t even understand what I’m reading but I’m learning slowly,

Current project is a Holden WB one tonner with an injected 5lt from a vs clubsport 185kw it’s running a VT computer and a 4l60e Tranny

Managed to get it all wired in and running had to get a memcal with the HSV security removed which allowed it to run my final issues are I’m not getting the VSS signal out of the computer I’ve already installed an electronic speedo and also checked the speedo signal into the ECU and that’s fine aswell

I’m wondering if the wiped memcal also has the VSS section removed is this a controllable
Option?

Also my looks missing the Diagnostic port my schematic I’ve been following only says I need 3 or 4 wires does that sound right?

And for this still reading my rambling I thank you for your time

Daniel
Attachments
9E7B4823-45F2-496B-AEBB-BE5BDE17078A.jpeg
87025D2E-EAB0-4CCB-A00B-2E6C5289D04B.jpeg
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: First post and totally overwhelmed VSS help required

Post by Charlescrown »

I don't see why anyone would have played with the PKK (pulses per kilometer) in the program. You probably need to get a read from your eprom and post it so we all can have a look to see just whats been done. The diagnostic plug wiring is only 3 terminals. 5,6 and 9. 5 goes to ground. 6 goes to ECU A9 and 9 goes to ECU A8.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Do you mean you dont see the speedo on a 3rd party electronic speedo? Or are you logging the engine computer and the computer cant see the signal?
What sort of speedo do you have and where is it connected to?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Ddstoys
WB one tonner

Post by Ddstoys »

Charlescrown wrote:I don't see why anyone would have played with the PKK (pulses per kilometer) in the program. You probably need to get a read from your eprom and post it so we all can have a look to see just whats been done. The diagnostic plug wiring is only 3 terminals. 5,6 and 9. 5 goes to ground. 6 goes to ECU A9 and 9 goes to ECU A8.
Awesome thanks for confirming that spoke to the local wrecker today about getting the connector I’ll head there on my next days off,

No idea how to get the file off the eprom it’s in a blue plastic thing I have the original one still I’ll see if I can open it up and access the eprom. Is have an eprom burner I use for my pinball machine s
Ddstoys
WB one tonner

Post by Ddstoys »

antus wrote:Do you mean you dont see the speedo on a 3rd party electronic speedo? Or are you logging the engine computer and the computer cant see the signal?
What sort of speedo do you have and where is it connected to?
I have a Saas electronic speedo and it’s wired into the VSS output from the ECU I’ve also tested the VSS with an oscilloscope and there is definately no output signal coming from the ECU

I have another mate with an identical setup and he had the security wiped from his and he also has no VSS signal that’s why I’m wondering if it’s a program thing
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Just to confirm pin C5 is the VSS output.
Attachments
5b.pdf
(379.33 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Ddstoys
WB one tonner

Post by Ddstoys »

immortality wrote:Just to confirm pin C5 is the VSS output.
Yeah mate that’s where I connected the speedo to
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I was under the impression the VSS signal passes straight through the PCM and is not modified by the tune. On the VT if you want to change the speedo readout you modify the cluster settings. Others may be able to confirm this better.
Ddstoys
WB one tonner

Post by Ddstoys »

immortality wrote:I was under the impression the VSS signal passes straight through the PCM and is not modified by the tune. On the VT if you want to change the speedo readout you modify the cluster settings. Others may be able to confirm this better.
From what I’ve been able to find (could be wrong). The signal from the transmission speed sensor is and ac voltage that goes into the ECU which then converts it into a pulse, There are some types of speed sensor units that create the pulse themselves
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think the saas should be able to accept both types. It might have settings in the gaage. Have you looked in to this? A mate of mine has a saas on an older 808 computer, which is different, so that proves nothing here, but its working. You could also try Ting the signal in to the PCM, but you need to make sure the polarity is around the right way.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396