VE HSV GTS E3 Cluster EEPROM Reprogramming

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Coles
cars: HSV E3 GTS

VE HSV GTS E3 Cluster EEPROM Reprogramming

Post by Coles »

Hi all,

Quite new here but I thought I would post up a thread while doing some research to try and speed up the process/understanding. I'm a mechanic/auto sparky by trade but am new to the world of programming.

Basically I have a HSV E3 GTS cluster with no current faults, this is original to the vehicle its in (2010 HSV E3 GTS). Trying to access the eeprom to alter values and startup in the dash. So far from having a bit of a look through this forum and others its looking possible but i haven't been able to confirm anything on E3 so far. I have found a bit of a guide but it doesnt mention anything about E3.

Sorry if external links aren't allowed but this is what i was referring to - https://www.carmodder.com/view_doc.php? ... model_id=0

It looks like a pretty solid how to but if anyone could shine some light onto this further it would be much appreciated. Or if anyone has dealt with E3 clusters before .

On another note we have a customer with a 2nd hand aftermarket dash cluster for his 2000 Harley Davidson. Unfortunately they were locked to program the odometer within the first 100km of riding so accessing the eeprom is the next step. I'm not sure if this is the right sub forum for this but again if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

The dash in question - https://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm ... prd683.htm

Kind regards,

Coles
Gampy

Re: VE HSV GTS E3 Cluster EEPROM Reprogramming

Post by Gampy »

Just to let you know ... Cross posting is an irritant to most and not a way to get answers!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!