how to determine XDF from the BIN address location?

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
bachig24u
cars: R33 Skyline, ethanol burning starlet turbo, yours until its tuned!

how to determine XDF from the BIN address location?

Post by bachig24u »

Hi All,
I have an unknown memcal, would like to know what XDF I should use to decipher the BIN with?

I extracted the 64k bin and was scraping through it to find a reference to known ascii name but nothing..

Is there any way of determining this?

attached is another one I found in the draw, FF80 it mentions OSE11pro.prog.. same thing.
Attachments
vs-vr-auto-maybe.BIN
(64 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
lue-netres-OSE11.BIN
(64 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Last edited by bachig24u on Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards
Sime
Gareth

Re: how to determine XDF from the BIN address location?

Post by Gareth »

Have you tried this?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=905
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

I'm not sure how to use the information to determine a bin (assume it has changes) to which XDF?

it appears to be useful if you know what bin code you have such as BJKT etc but if you don't, then whats the next step?
what exactly do I look at in the tool? "ID a BIN" file states unknown... could we says its broken/corrupt in that case?
Kind regards
Sime
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Memcal ID tool 1.10 doesn't identify them but they're both identical to each other & are OSE11p files!
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

There are 4 $11 XDFs listed in the memcal ID folders for VRV8 how do you identify should be used?
The data looks screwy in some of the scalars, that what made me pose the question as to best XDF. I can't seem to find the difference $11A, $11B, $11P. $11RFI
Last edited by bachig24u on Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards
Sime
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I don't know how reliable that file is as it looks like there's lots of changes to code section, if you just compare the calibration section from 8000 onwards to the V104 v6 or v8 there's only 5 or so bytes different!
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Thanks for confirming that... maybe they just got corrupted somehow..
Do you think this could happen if the wire on the back of 424 for NVRAM use, is left soldered in place when the memcal has been running the vehicle for sometime?
Kind regards
Sime
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

no, if its a memcal with a eprom or an eeprom its not electrically possible to be written in the pcm, even with the wire attached (if it was we wouldnt need nvram boards!).

11A, 11B are both factory revisions of the $11 code. 11RFI is for the police computer in the RFI (anti Radtio Frequency Interfearance) case. 11P is OSE (old school edit, named as so before it caught up to the commercial real time tools of the same generation) 11 (based on factory $11 code) P for Pro. There was a concept about having a standard version in the early days, but it turned out there was no interest and no point in a cut down version so there is just Pro. See here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3798

There are different versions of 11P as well. you can see the version looking in the bin with a hex editor.

This is ose11p version 1.0.4
ose11p104.png
ose11p104.png (83.94 KiB) Viewed 4845 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
old physics
cars: 2021 BMW 330xi
1964 GTO Holley EFI
1970 TA

Post by old physics »

Hello I have an old AMD AM27C256-120DC 0111A5C Eprom chip with a GM 3.0L four cylinder code for a tune.

I added the BIN file that a local company was able to retrieve off the Eprom chip for me. There is some English notes in with the machine code.

Is there a tool or software that would allow me to convert this into something that is readable and understandable by a human?

This same engine (industrial GM 3.0L) is vary similar to a Chevy Astro van system utilizing the GM small cap HEI distributor. from the 1990's.

The original board type ECU has failed (board mounted MAP sensor), I am trying to retrofit a Holley HP ECU to the engine to replace the failed ECU.

Thank you in advance and a huge thank you to a current member that suggested I take a look at your site.

Thank you,

Robert
Attachments
Barber-Colman LS20-1.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 65 times