NVRAM DS1245Y bin download

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
bachig24u
cars: R33 Skyline, ethanol burning starlet turbo, yours until its tuned!

NVRAM DS1245Y bin download

Post by bachig24u »

Hi all,
we have a VSV8 Auto run by 424.
I downloaded the 128k 11$ file to the dallas chip, installed and tuned the engine.

now the ori was a 512k/64k and downloading the bin using Tunerpro (unticked read cal area only) I expect the whole OSE11 with CAL data to be extracted but, I get an option to choose 128 or 64 etc.
unsure if due to the jumper on the NVRAM board changes tunerpro ability to download the whole 128k (64k 2xstack) bin or just addresses 64k?

since i can choose any ram size and still end up with a file... it has me stuffed as to what will actually work once burnt to a 27SF-512 ?

is the solution download 128 then split it and only burn the second split or
download a 64k file and burn to 27sf512?

part of this question also stems from tunerpro being able to find cal data in the 1024/512/128/64 files i downloaded..
it appears the cal data always in the same memory area (or XDF is very adaptive) and then the rest of the chosen file size is just packed with 00000's.

So, made an adapter, read the DALLAS in the NVRAM board and the whole file was "04" ...
removed the DALLAS, read it, packed with code.. i thought it should be able to be accessed in the NRAM adapter. strange..
Kind regards
Sime
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: NVRAM DS1245Y bin download

Post by antus »

Tunerpro + oseplugin cant correctly read the whole 128kb for 11P. You need to use the delco ose flash tool and use the get bin button in that. Look for the link in the FAQ area (link is up near the top right).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

thank you.. been through it but it seemed to be steer me toward VT/VY so wasn't 100% sure.

Can I read the DS1245Y with an adapter or only straight into a burner?
I programmed it in a burner with $11 stacked bin and it verified ok, but if i read it, the data became corrupt and
also unable to read it in a 32pin passthrough adapter or it corrupted th ebase image also.
had to remove it from the socket each time and program the base OSE image.
Kind regards
Sime
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Like Antus said you'll need to use the OSEflashtool & get bin through it rather than through tunerpro, all the info on how to set it up & use it is in the OSE thread!
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

done, its was fairly straight forward. Thanks
I just don't have access to the car, burner, and internet in same proximity so gathering as much info before a trip saves alot of time.

Didn't get the answer I was looking for in any of the doco but thats ok.. found them in practice today so all good.
Kind regards
Sime
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

you can read it in the burner but its not a good way because:

* risk of knocking a pin on metal when you pull the nvram carrier out the computer and corrupting it
* risk of damaging a pin when you pull the nvram out the carrier or shorting pins when lifting the nvram out the carrier as its tight (again corruption)
* might corrupt it in the programmer if its plugged in while setting it up
* you get two complete copies of 11p and need to split them and know which is which (because the chip is double the needed size and the jumper on the nvram only shows one or the other half to the pcm)

verses just doing it over the data link with none of that hassle or risk with ose flashtool.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

yep, it is a royal pita... thats for sure..

I used the OSE flash tool and got 2 different bins out which is bugging me as to which is the one to burn.
i am using tunerpro to compare the hex and also checked in willem software..
now, i did remove the jumper on the NVRAM to use a spare bin area, tuned the car. left it off whilst using ose flashtool get bin BUT,
as i used the ose flash tool yesterday I didn't change any settings this time and pulled the first bin... the second time, I reselected the VR/VS and changed to "wait for silience" to 50ms.

got different data in the bins? so a little lost as to how that is possible.
this didn't happen when i did same process yesterday with NVRAM bin jumper on. not sure if it could be related.

attached are the bins.
Attachments
387HP_VS-304UTE_424_fullcallBIN.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
387HP_VS-304UTE_424_fullcallBIN-01.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Kind regards
Sime
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Posting from my phone so I cant compare bins but the chip overlaps ram and eeprom in the pcm, so those areas change between reads. but they are not visible to the pcm when you plug in a memcal so it doesnt matter. none the less you wont get the other bin without changing the bin_sw jumper so not sure about that.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

ok, if bins have an area that changes between reads no matter where the NVRam jumper is then all should be fine.

I programmed the NVRAM with stacked 11$ and just used half for a 355ci and other half for a 304ci tune. instead of uploading different files over the same memory space..

I'll burn both 64k files that i extracted from the having the jumper off and see if engine runs same on both.. no prob. from what you explained, it sounds like it will..

thanks for clarifying my findings
Last edited by bachig24u on Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards
Sime
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm not 100% sure without looking too closely but it's mostly in the lower section so I think it's just all learnt ram data changes.