VY BCM

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
v6bucket

VY BCM

Post by v6bucket »

I hope someone can help with some info about a VY that I'm looking at purchasing(it's at the right price, at this stage). It's a VY ute that has been fitted with an L67, the ecu(DLTK) & bcm(211 HIGH) appear correct. I haven't heard the engine run at this point, but have been told that the bcm needs replacing as the dash doesn't work. At the moment the ign. key is in pieces with the battery on the floor & the engine battery is dead flat. I've watched a video from "envyous customs" on programming etc. using his software. I'm familiar with the 808 ecu but haven't played with the later stuff. I don't have access to a Tech 2, so is there other ways to inspect these bcm's? I have an ALDL cable that came with my Logger V2, can I access & link the BCM, or am I barking up the wrong tree?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VY BCM

Post by antus »

Im not sure what 'dash doesnt work' means, maybe its got a dash from another car and its actually the dash that needs to be configured for the rest of the car. or maybe its a wiring issue and its just not powered or something like that. It doesnt sound like a huge problem if your ready to buy the right tools or take it to someone who has them. As well as the tech2 there is tech2win software from gm for the pc which can be used with an MDI the same. Most if not all 3rd party J2534 interfaces dont support ALDL so even if they say they are tech2win compatible they probably wont work for a VY. Sometimes its called uart, sometimes aldl in the interface specs if you look at other brand options. Im sure there a host of other 3rd party options, but im not familiar with them to recommend.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
v6bucket

Re: VY BCM

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks antus.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---