Please Help In Need of Custom Tune

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: Please Help In Need of Custom Tune

Post by yoda69 »

I agree with Jayme.
It sounds like there is another problem that needs resolving before you get into tuning, be it ECU, ignition, MAP sensor, wiring or something else. Going to a Haltech will not resolve issues with a faulty sensor.
It amy pay to take it to a different mechanic who is more familiar with the Holden vehicles.

You need to get the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) read with either a scanner or by shorting pins 5 & 6 on the ALDL connector and counting the engine check light flashes.
Refer here for some more details https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... odes#p2055
Based on these we can the probably offer some more help/direction.

Good Luck,
yoda69
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

dodgy injector driver maybe when they fail u get spazmodic fuelling and flooding????

try another ecu in it with your memcal and map sensor would b high on my list too
Goody0185
cars: 1994 VR V8 Statesman
1997 Ford Ranger PJ XL

Post by Goody0185 »

It's been a nightmare, I have been trying to fix it for a year now. I started it myself by changing the memcal and dizzy. The wreckers continued to give me the wrong parts, even Bursons Hall sensor was wrong, Ive also had two other ecu's in it with no victory. The way I have it now it the closest to how it was its just the idle that is headfucking me now.
Goody0185
cars: 1994 VR V8 Statesman
1997 Ford Ranger PJ XL

Post by Goody0185 »

Yeah iv had another one in it, it was the same as mine except for the antitheft code came up. Is there a chip EJKT 8015 or did I just mis hear him.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Nah there is no EJKT. Here is a link to a handy tool for identifying memcal codes .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=905

If you do replace the memcal with another stocker will need to use a VR to stop the anti-theft error - VS uses a different anti-theft message but the same PCM in V8s (except series 3).

If your scantool shows the engine sensor data it might be worth checking that all sensors are reading as expected ie MAP sensor not showing stupidly high readings at idle, coolant temp and manifold air temp almost identical (and close to ambient temp) when engine is cold before starting it.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

BJKT8015 VRV8 5.0 Auto
commydoor
cars: 93 VR SS

Post by commydoor »

Also try a different coil yours might be failing...