Please Help In Need of Custom Tune

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Goody0185
cars: 1994 VR V8 Statesman
1997 Ford Ranger PJ XL

Please Help In Need of Custom Tune

Post by Goody0185 »

Hi there, I have been trying to find help on steetcommodores.com.au and was directed to you guys.
I have a 1994 VR V8 Statesman and ran into alot of problems when I was given a memcal from a mate. The memcal made my hall sensor pack it in and it backfired and broke part of the neck off my convertor. I have since fixed the auto, replaced the dizzy and chased a replacment (stock) memcal from the wreckers, as my original was thrown out. I still have problems though, it is running far too rich on idle, as fault code states and timing is all over the place. I believe the memcal is looking for a knock sensor board, which my car does not have. I was just wondering if someone was interested in setting my ecu up for a custom tune and deleting the knock sensor cicuit out. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
DELCODE
cars: vr v6 commodore

Re: Please Help In Need of Custom Tune

Post by DELCODE »

Just out of interest , how did the memcal make the hall sensor pack it in ? :shock: :shock:
Goody0185
1997 Ford Ranger PJ XL

Post by Goody0185 »

Well im not 100 percent on that, but I was told it would have happened because of the chip. I think it was a cheap an nasty.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

im a bit confused as some of the things you have said dont make sense to me.... lets start with a few basics,
* what is the code on the memcal you are running atm, the 4 letter code on the silver sticker.
* what do you mean by "the timing is all over the place"
* what exact DTC's do you get

and no... a memcal cannot make your hall effect pack it in... the memcal can only advise the ignition module how much timing to run, thats it, there is noway it can directly make the hall effect die. whoever has been advising you clearly has no clue what they are on about :wtf:
Goody0185
1997 Ford Ranger PJ XL

Post by Goody0185 »

Ah fair enough well thats good to know.
*I'll get the code off the silver sticker tomorrow for you as the car is at a mates workshop at the moment.
*The timing problem is very weird. I set it to 12 degrees advance in diagnostic mode it will idle great and appears all normal. Then i'll go for a drive, everything appears good then it will not idle, very rough and smells and sounds flooded. The engine light comes on, which the scantool says it running to rich on idle. I check the timing and cant get it too idle unless its set at 20 advance. When I turn the timing to 10 it loses pulse on #1 cylinder and stalls. If I leave it till cold it'll start and repeat the same thing again. Very strange.
What do you mean by DTC's ?
Sorry im not to good with the electronic side of cars im an undercar mechanic. Lol
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Check the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line for fuel.
If the diaphraghm gets a pin hole the engine gets fuel through this that causes the engine to run rough and record rich idle.
Typically noticed at idle when it first happens as the amount of fuel is large relative to that commanded. At higher RPM not as noticeable as the injectors are putting so much in a trickle from here is insignificant.

yoda69
Goody0185
1997 Ford Ranger PJ XL

Post by Goody0185 »

Ok I spoke to my mechanic last night and he said he has already changed the fuel pressure regulator. The number he gave me off the Memcal are EJKT/8015 I hope that makes sense to you. He reckons he has done everything he can and wants me to buy a Haltech unit so he can just tune that but I cant justify the money its worth. If anyone has a 1994 VR Statesman ECU and Memcal They can Tune for my car I'm willing to pay and send mine as a Change Over unit. Even just a memcal will do it I know my ecu is fine.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

you mean BJKT8015? that one is a bog standard 5L Auto memcal with the knock sensor turned off anyway... the tune isnt going to help you mate, you have some issues with your car. from what youve described, ity sounds to me like your Hall effect sensor or ign module is still playin up.
Goody0185
1997 Ford Ranger PJ XL

Post by Goody0185 »

Really Oh Shit. :( I've had three hall sensors and three dizzy's in it to get it this far. This is the closest its been but here comes that brick wall I guess. I have no bloody idea what is going on with it. All I know is it was fine untill I changed the chip Hmmm Stumped.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

well it happened when U changed the memcal.... could your ecu have died?? got another to test? vr v6 and v8 auto are both the same ecu if you have a mates you can borrow.
maybe pulled a wire when U removed the ecu? loose plug? or maybe ign module died. if youve had 3 hall effect sensors, it cant be that.