Need to get my VR V8 tuned.. where to go? or who is keen? :P

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
iju58u
cars: MY99 wrx
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Re: Need to get my VR V8 tuned.. where to go? or who is keen

Post by iju58u »

Haven't replied for awhile as I haven't had time to plat with the car so its just been sitting in the yard :P

Got some time today so been having a play with the map Holden202 posted up, I ended up changing the inj rate to .15 and completely redid the lower region of the map to get it to idle, on the VE map where it started at like 7 and increased through the map it still needed to be ~30ish to run at 13.5:1. Then had to lower alot of the higher (100kpa) areas as it was like 10:1. Then more fiddling with cruising etc i'm getting there, car is quite drivable now :P (still bit lean on cruise and bit rich on accel but will iron that out when I have a mate that can drive the car while I play with the laptop)
The local mech has got a dyno few months back and been tuning powerFC's etc, went and saw them and he's more than happy to tune my VR, as long as I can leave my laptop there to use with TunerPro etc as its already setup and working.

I still have the noise I was concerned about but only sometimes. It seems to always start around 2500rpm though. I just cant work out what it is or why it will only do it 1 in 5 times. May just be down to timing now though so will take it easy till the dyno tune.

Thanks everyone for the help!!! :thumbup: