W.T.B VP V8 memcal with knock board

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

W.T.B VP V8 memcal with knock board

Post by krusty »

W.T.B VP V8 memcal with knock board suitable to run $12P
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: W.T.B VP V8 memcal with knock board

Post by VL400 »

If your running 12P will need to get a VR/VS V8 memcal or the EPROM wont be large enough (you can cut it out and solder one of larger capacity). The VR/VS V8 memcal can be auto or manual. Manual memcal can program the bin like normal but if auto offset the bin 0x8000 when programming.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

VL400 wrote:If your running 12P will need to get a VR/VS V8 memcal or the EPROM wont be large enough (you can cut it out and solder one of larger capacity). The VR/VS V8 memcal can be auto or manual. Manual memcal can program the bin like normal but if auto offset the bin 0x8000 when programming.
So if I solder in a 27sf010 eeprom in place of the ATJN eprom and cut the 5th leg of the V6 resistor it should leave me with a smarter memcal capable of $12P?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

The 27sf010 solves the memory capacity problem (just need to check pinouts and wire it up correctly as they are a physically larger chip than the 16-64k EPROMs). Can chop the leg and it becomes a v8 memcal but the filter board will still be wrong as its tuned for the V6.
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

VL400 wrote:If your running 12P will need to get a VR/VS V8 memcal or the EPROM wont be large enough (you can cut it out and solder one of larger capacity). The VR/VS V8 memcal can be auto or manual. Manual memcal can program the bin like normal but if auto offset the bin 0x8000 when programming.
Could I please have some clarification on this.

Could any V8 memcal with a knock board be used if used in conuction with your NVRAM ECM Conversion?

Thanks.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Yeah any V8 memcal with a filter can be used on the NVRAM if you want knock control.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

for the record, did any holden v8 memcals come out with knock filter, or was it only hsv?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

Thanks VL400. That's what I was hoping.
antus wrote:for the record, did any holden v8 memcals come out with knock filter, or was it only hsv?
I've read that VS Series 3 Ute, VS Statesman & VT 304 had them standard from factory.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well vs series 3 and vt are the same computer etc its inside the PCM its not on the memcal.
jon
cars: VN calais 5L
VX SS

Post by jon »

If you get stuck finding a V8 knock filter let me know. When the workshops open back up after the holidays I can find out for you if I can get more. From what I gathered talking to him last he had a couple more.