W.T.B VP V8 memcal with knock board

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Chuff

Re: W.T.B VP V8 memcal with knock board

Post by Chuff »

jon wrote:If you get stuck finding a V8 knock filter let me know. When the workshops open back up after the holidays I can find out for you if I can get more. From what I gathered talking to him last he had a couple more.

I jumped into this thread to get a clarification on a point, and I'm not sure if the OP (krusty) is still looking for a V8 memcal with a knock board, but, if krusty doesn't pipe up I'd be interested in purchasing one if you can get one.

Apologies if I have broken proper etiquette.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
jon
cars: VN calais 5L
VX SS

Post by jon »

As soon as the workshop opens back up I will have a chat to him to see how many are available. Happy to help out if he has a few. I will reply as soon as I know more :thumbup:
Daviero
cars: 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Post by Daviero »

VL400 wrote:Yeah any V8 memcal with a filter can be used on the NVRAM if you want knock control.
Just found this thread while researching board mounted knock filters.

Does "any V8 mencal" have to be one from a '7165 or can it be one from another series of pcm - like a 7730?
The V8 7730 pcm is far more plentiful now than the V8 '7165 is.
(I realize the bore of the doner memcal should match (at least close) to the recipient engine)
88 Pontiac Fiero GT