1997 v6 3.8l vs statesman

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
dmd_23
cars: 1997 V6 VS Statesman

1997 v6 3.8l vs statesman

Post by dmd_23 »

hey guys,
any chance of making me up a memcal chip for a 3.8L vs statesman with pacemaker extractors, highflow cat, 2.5inch exhaust and vp ss cold air intake? what power gains can i expect after installing all of this to a completley stock statesman, because im buying all of this in the near future and would like to know what im looking at here, cheers.

also do you guys think it would be worth installing a sc14 supercharger and getting another chip made up?? have any of you done this before? and what power gains would i expect?
Holden202T

Re: 1997 v6 3.8l vs statesman

Post by Holden202T »

no one will be able to give you the magic chip you need, the best thing i can suggest is spend a bit more money and get what you need to allow you to log and tune it yourself.

as far as the sc14 goes, personally i wouldn't waste my time on a 3.8, the blower is just too small for any decent gains, save a little bit more and turbo it!
dmd_23
cars: 1997 V6 VS Statesman

Post by dmd_23 »

so no one sells them anymore? not even an older one that they dont use anymore due to more upgrades? is it easy to do the tune myself?? how much would it cost?? thanks for your help mate
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Most of the guys on this forum are into DIY, and will offer help and support.
If you're aftera mail order tune, try eBay, but you won't get what you're after.
For somebody to have the exact same combination as yours and motor in the same condition is a big gamble to take, and you probably wouldn't be happy with the outcome.
Do a search on some of the eBayers on here or justcommodres to get an idea of what people are seeing.

As far as cost, get one of VL400's NVRAM for your vehicle and an ALDL cable and you're pretty much up and running with a laptop.

yoda69