Wanted VR V8 tune

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
bck2basic
cars: VL calais

Wanted VR V8 tune

Post by bck2basic »

Hi,

I'm after a good VR V8 manual tune, even if its a 185 hsv tune with no vats. I'm just wanting to buy a memcal with the tune already on it so I can put it in my car and drive it. I can't send my memcal to you. Thanks
The1

Re: Wanted VR V8 tune

Post by The1 »

you wont get a HSV tune as i doubt anyone would have a V8 memcal with Knock board.
v8-tuning
cars: 304 commodore

Post by v8-tuning »

Got a genuine hsv memcal with knockboard
sitting around believe it or not for a vr/vs manual.
Its blank but I can put whatever you want on it
for the right offer.
bck2basic

Post by bck2basic »

I've already got a bfpm vr v8 hsv manual memcal but I have a vl calais and no bcm so I need a no vats memcal. I'd like to avoid using the knock sensor also if I can because its not in the block and I'm not sure ill be able to get it in. I was under the impression you could get a decent vr v8 tune that will give you around the same power as a hsv tune without the knock board.
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh just use the standard cal and put hsv spark and fuel maps in and few other bits is about it. You can use a V6 or V8 memcal, just need to mod the resistors if it's a v6 one and remove the knock board. Can do one up if i have some memcals around.
bck2basic

Post by bck2basic »

That would be great, how much would it cost? I'd prefer to start with a v8 memcal
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

bck2basic wrote:That would be great, how much would it cost? I'd prefer to start with a v8 memcal
There's no real difference between them (since you aren't using the knock filter), other than the resistors which tell the ECM how many cylinders.
The1

Post by The1 »

pm'd