4l60e standalon

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Rodeo
cars: 01 rodeo, 6inch lift, 33s

4l60e standalon

Post by Rodeo »

I am planning to swap a 4l60e from a 05 chevy colorado into my 01 Isuzu Rode. Im comfortable with wiring etc. But am clueless on ecms, im told I cannot have the 4l30e (stock trans) files replaced with 4l60 files so im considering a standalone. I would put a five speed ecm in to run the engine. I would add second sensors to control the trans ecm as needed and when possiable. Is this something that could be done? I know the 94ish chevy diesels did this to control the trans bit they are hard to find and aftermarket controllers are more than ide like to spend. Please forgive me if this isnt even possiable. Like I said I can mount the trans, im comfortable wiring it ect. Just have 0 experiance tuning or programing. Thanks
Rodeo
cars: 01 rodeo, 6inch lift, 33s

Re: 4l60e standalon

Post by Rodeo »

I should add the rodeo uses a delco ecm and some gm sensors if that matters
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If you dont get an answer here, I would suggest you try gearhead-efi.com as theres more American users there.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

one guy on there is just building a standalone controller
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I was speaking to my dyno guy the other day and he said they fitted of the TCE or TCI ?? stand alone controllers to a car with a haltech for the motor to control its 4L60E, he was raving about how got it is programmable etc .... but I believe its over $1k!!

is it an option to convert the motor to use a say VR Auto pcm ? this can then control the motor and the box together and would be a lot cheaper .... obviously you'd need to tune to suit your motor though.