Need chip and tune for a vs 5ltr auto

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
jeffs1
cars: Vs statesman 355stroker, vl calias turbo, vh 336stroker interceptor, 94 bmw 530i 3ltr v8,

Need chip and tune for a vs 5ltr auto

Post by jeffs1 »

:comp: Need chip and tune for a vs 5ltr stroked 355 series11 statesman with tri pacemaker extractors, vyss dif with everything else stock except auto is worked and out of a vt 5ltr but with a stock torque converter , got problems with car, it will not idle under 1500 rpm in neutral or park after car warms up, car starts and runs nomal when first started and it idles good , car drives like cruise controls stuck on, sits on around 800rpm in gear but wants to take off, when I take my foot off the brake the car takes off like im stall it up but my foot is off the pedal, replaced tp sensor, hall effect sensor, ignition module, map sensor and made sure no vacume leaks, replaced throttle body, iac, ecu, but had to use my old chip cause ecu didn't come with 1,original ecu is 16176424 BWFU and engine has a knock sensor, tps is reading to high 82.0 off throttle and 92.0 full throttle, auto shop had to make my auto full manual "through plug not valve body" just so I can drive it because it was stuck in limp home mode, snap on scan tool will not communicate to trans or engine, but it could reset my air bag light,error codes still flash on my dash, any help would be appreciated due to going crazy and sick of giving my car and money to shops just so they can look at me stupid and say its got them f__ked and try this shop they might be able to help you, injectronic in Hallam Melbourne said send it in through repco but it gunna cost you $ just for us to hav a look, thanks for any help, Jeff
Gareth

Re: Need chip and tune for a vs 5ltr auto

Post by Gareth »

Wow, sounds like a head ache, the tps reading is strange, have you tried pinning out the wiring to the tps? Make sure its not shorted out, etc...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

First question I have is if you couldn't read the engine data how do you know the TPS reading? With those models as well as others if they wont read any data on a scan tool it could well be the ABS module. It pulls everything down (don't know abt air bag) with it. Trick is disconnect the ABS module and try again. Also what memcal are you using? Maybe your got the wrong one in that ECU. Food for thought hope I have helped.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

BWCT is the equivalent hsv tune for 5.7L with knock sensor. You should check wiring etc, need to get comms going but then use the ve and spark maps from bwct and tune from there. Will be a big improvement. It would be very out of tune now with a 5L MAP tune.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Sounds more like a wiring issue as you've replaced nearly everything else.
I take it your based in Melbourne SE suburbs if you've been getting things done at Hallam? Given I'm in Geelong a bit far away to have a look.
You need to get it so you can log it and that may help to narrow it down to an area.
I think antus's idea of using BWCT is your best bet as long as your running the 24lb Bluetop injectors and not the standard 5.0 injectors, otherwise will need to tweak the tune to suit.

Yoda69
jeffs1
cars: Vs statesman 355stroker, vl calias turbo, vh 336stroker interceptor, 94 bmw 530i 3ltr v8,

Post by jeffs1 »

Thanks for your help, Charles I used digital multi meter not scan tool,i will try wiring tps straight to ecu to c if any better, car only idles down when I turn air con on, car use to run like the stock chip had been tuned for stroker but now feels like its only got a stock tune on chip, its got no torque, used to wheel spin easy (no brakes)in dry but now has got no chance,lol,
thanks, Jeff
jeffs1

Post by jeffs1 »

I found the problem, coolant sensor wire broken making tps sensor go high, fixed broken wire and car is running good on idle, thanks to everyone that tried to help, hope if anybody has same problem this might help them cause it had many people scratching their head and thinking WTF, thanks Antus and Yoda69 for your help, Jeff
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

was the broken wire in the back of the CTS plug where it turns around and heads back towards the engine ? ... I've seen similar before on that plug.
jeffs1

Post by jeffs1 »

Yes Holden202T it was the black and yellow wire that goes from ECT "engine coolant temp sensor" to tp sensor and it also goes to TFT"trans fluid temp sensor as well, it didn't help when wire diagram everywhere showed only 2 wires coming out of ect plug when there's really 3 wires, 2 black and yellow and 1 yellow wire, my car is running better but is still lacking in torque so might have to pick up some blue top injectors and use antus's idea and try the BWCT tune and see how I go cause cars lost its take off torque and a lot of top end power as well, might have to hit antus up for custum chip and hardware when I have the cash cause would love to turbo the engine when the egine runs normal again.