VS statesman 5l help for conversion

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
CREEPYVS
cars: SUPER CHARGED A2A MANUAL V6 VS SII
L67 M35

VS statesman 5l help for conversion

Post by CREEPYVS »

Hi all im currently putting a VS stato 5l into my patrol and level 3 dash.
i am looking for a chip i can use so that i can tune the car with the laptop using the with ALDL interface.
I am also after the pin outs for the 379 Hi BCM as I will be using this in the 4wd for the dash to work with the trip computer.
I will need the securty switched off and the auto too as the patrol is a manual.
so far I have got he harness out of the car and i am very slowly picking my way through the harness to find out what each one does. I know i will have to wine in most of the patrol bits for the indicators hi been ect to work.

Regards Shoey
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VS statesman 5l help for conversion

Post by Dylan »

Does the level 3 dash really need the BCM? The ECU gives the fuel usage signal.
Need any help on the wiring for the engine?
Monarols71
cars: VS SS Ute

Re: VS statesman 5l help for conversion

Post by Monarols71 »

As Dylan said. The ECM / PCU supplies the level 3 dash with the fuel wire for the cluster.
Here is a page out of a spreadsheet I did years ago that might help with your conversion, or any one else who wants to put a Hi series VS conversion into a vehicle.
Despite what most people think, the VR and VS series BCM's are NOT the same. The pinouts are slightly different.
VS Hi Pinouts.xls
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 495 times