VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I'm thinking more like 2-3psi max.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

im in the maitland area if you did want to get the bin read, but if you want to get the stuff and do it yourself that's the best way to learn anyways :)

I good test I use to see if its the computer idle speed that needs changing, unplug the fuel pressure regulator or similar to introduce an air leak, it will then idle high, and the computer should bring the idle down via the IAC, then unplug the IAC and re-connect the air leak then it should drop even more .... then when you plug the IAC back in it should go back up ....
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

Thanks to everyone for their help/advice. It's all sorted now.

I don't exactly know how, but after stuffing around, checking with the snap on tool, blah blah ...ive now managed to get it idling correctly. It would be good to know exactly how I did it though :D

So now no need for retune etc unless of course it doesn't run right or I want to unleash the hidden kilowatts :D
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

more than likely though if the issue has resolved itself it was not a tune issue, but then if there was a not correctly connected sensor or something that could change the idle. .... also things like alternator not charging too can effect idle speed.

either way good to see you have it sorted.