VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Ztealth

VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by Ztealth »

I've got a CAPA supercharged VS V8 here. It's running the CAPA supplied 2 bar 775 injector memcal. I'd like to make a few small changes. Would anyone have a .bin and matching xdk to suit?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by Dylan »

If you can post the bin we might be able to ID the code base. Otherwise there's a few VS XDF's here you could try yourself.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

the capa bins arnt bad but depending on auto or manual trans and computer type you might be better off running 11p or 12p.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

At the moment I don't have any way of accessing the bin to upload it.

Not sure on computer type, but is series 1 manual.

I'm still learning on all this ecu hackery jargon. One thing I DON'T want to do is stuff around with a complete re-tune - an alternate "plug and play" bin would be ok. At the moment the thing runs 99% ok. I only wish to make a few idle settings changes (I've got a few tests do do first using a snap on scanner). If I was to change to an 11p/12p tune, is that a "plug and play" type tune that has been proven to work on a setup such as mine?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

If CAPA used factory code then yes it could all be copied to 12P or 11P.
If it runs well and all you want is idle speed or fan temp changed for example. No need to copy to new code. Just modify the tune and re burn to memcal.

If they've used standard code base most likely and XDF around to read it.
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

They should be able to confirm if I call them?

I really do hope this can be done simply.

Btw just checked my ecu...it's "service no 16206305" and "16206418" and "bljx" and "5.0l man iefi-4".
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Maybe they coukd do the changes for you? If it's quick and easy might not be to dear.
FYI that ecu is compatible with 12P.

What do you want changed anyway?
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

The idle speed. It's too high. Long story - I've tinkered, adjusted, read and tried countless procedures blah blah but can't get it low enough. I still want to do some tinkering with a snap on scan tool still though - as I'm still not sure just how easily adjustable the idle actually is. And sounding as less arrogant as possible, I am a motor mechanic, there are no air leaks etc, the engine ran beautifully/idled well before the mods. I'm highly suspecting an ecu idle setting variable being set to high.

At the moment to hold the idle low enough I've restricted the iac port. I'd be happy with this if it wasn't for the fact that it makes cold starts not much fun. That's why I'm considering chip level reprogramming to get the idle right.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Yeah need to lower the target speed so it will command less steps. Where are you located someone near by might be able to get a read for you?
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

Lake Macquarie which is basically Newcastle