VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by Dylan »

Is it your daily driver? If not you may be able to post it to someone.
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

It's my weekend driver :D

Yeah - posting it to someone to get it done is an option. But I'd rather buy the bits to do it myself though - as there might be a theoretical change that needs to be made...only to have it done via posting, and have the idle still not sorted. Having said that...that's why I still want to tinker with the snap on scanner a bit more - and then work out if tune changes is what is actually needed.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

That's the go get the gear and do it yourself! Its good fun. Best thing to do then is have it read by a guru and have spark afr's ve etc copied into 12P. Get a wideband and get into. You will be surprised the improvement's you will find!
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

CAPA don’t supply 2 BAR forced induction memcals with there supercharged kits. They never have and just use the factory Delco bin fudged to work with a 2 BAR sensor. Best bet is to start again using 12P. You will be pleasantly surprised when you re-tune using a decent true forced induction bin. In the past ten years I have seen and retuned many of these poorly tuned CAPA supercharged kits.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

x2

Once you get the bin you might find this xdf will work for you, or you can look at the bin in the thread here - it should be close to what you have on the car. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewto ... 04&p=11435

Hacky (capas method) is better than flat out wrong, but doing it right is where you will really win.

Have a look at the FAQ (link near top right) to get started. The bin and xdf from the other thread and a copy of tunerpro rt should give you enough to start looking at.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

kojab wrote:CAPA don’t supply 2 BAR forced induction memcals with there supercharged kits. They never have and just use the factory Delco bin fudged to work with a 2 BAR sensor. Best bet is to start again using 12P. You will be pleasantly surprised when you re-tune using a decent true forced induction bin. In the past ten years I have seen and retuned many of these poorly tuned CAPA supercharged kits.

I love how some of their 7psi kits say, "no tuning required"

What!? they crazy?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

need some fine print.

"No Tuning Required" we bear no responsibility for your engine being underpowered and having an astronomically higher risk of failure.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

hahaha
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

So I did remember correctly. Here it is

http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_vsvy_v6.htm

love the plumbing store hardware on their kits, real professional lol :lol:
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

in their defense, at least on the ecotec, the MAF and injectors will accommodate for a certain amount of extra air.... I doubt that number is 7psi though!