Corrupted nvram

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
VQTURBO
cars: Vq caprice with a worked turbo v6, a cammed as fuck vn v6 commodore, 94 Landcruiser and a 2008 sr5!

Corrupted nvram

Post by VQTURBO »

Hey guys I've purchased an nvram second-hand and I can't seem to get it to work. I have a feeling its corrupted. Can anyone help with a tune for a cammed turbo v6 buick or just point me in the right way to fix the corrupted nvram so I can start learning to do things myself. Cheers
VQTURBO
cars: Vq caprice with a worked turbo v6, a cammed as fuck vn v6 commodore, 94 Landcruiser and a 2008 sr5!

Re: Corrupted nvram

Post by VQTURBO »

I will still need it to data log i guess for you to help withtouching up the tune :turbo:
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

If you're planning to do some tuning best to get yourself a burner.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes. And an ecm with a comms mod and an aldl interface. Then you can start fresh, log and tune (assuming the nvram is functioning)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VQTURBO

Post by VQTURBO »

I have the burner and eraser and an modded 808 ecu
VQTURBO

Post by VQTURBO »

DSC_0633.JPG
VQTURBO

Post by VQTURBO »

Is this all I need or? Is there any links to the other gear I need please fellas?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Looks good so long as your laptop has a serial port or you have a quality FTDI USB converter.
Otherwise fit one of the pcmhacking.net USB interfaces in place of that serial one. They're on the for sale section.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep that looks pretty good. The usb to serial cable is an unknown but also the cheapest part. Get the smallest flat head screwdriver you can find and lift the nvram chip off the board. Just do a tiny bit one end, then the other and so on. Be super carefull to make it come off evenly as it'll tend to want to jump quickly and bend the last couple of pins. Make sure it stays straight. Get the gq4x software from mcumall.com install it, and set the software for dallas ds1245y. Get the 12p software from its custom code thread and burn a stacked bin. Reinstall in 808 and you should be running again.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VQTURBO

Post by VQTURBO »

Awesome thanks for the quick replies guys I will have a go first thing after work tomorrow arvo cheers