mammal for vg ute on meth

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
bman
cars: Ford fg g6
Ford au turbo
Vg v6 ute skid car

mammal for vg ute on meth

Post by bman »

I'm chasing a tune so I can run methanol in my vg v6 ute skid car does anyone have a mamcal for sale that I can clip in and away I go with matching injectors

Cheers
dusto
cars: VE Maloo GXP
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Re: mammal for vg ute on meth

Post by dusto »

speedway guys run 550cc injectors and bump the fuel pressure i think thats it
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah most of the v6 sprintcar guys use the seimens deka 60's I believe.

keep in mind though you might need more pump than the stock one can provide for methanol, you need roughly 2.3 times more of it than petrol!

no standard tune is going to be perfect and unless the motor has more comp, methanol is really a waste.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

The speedway guy's donall sorts of "tricks" I've been told by speedway guy's that I'm wasting my time, don't know what I'm doing, that'll never work. Plenty of gains to be had on these cars.
The methanol is there as a safety item over performance gains.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

lol yeah. That's carby and dizzy attitude right there which belongs in the bin.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

wasting your time ... not if you do it right your not!

the standard V6 can benefit from a tune even in stock form, and the v6 sprintcar guys have limitations, but still the engine is modified, the fact that the throttle body goes straight down into the top of the inlet and the free flowing exhaust is enough to need it re-tuned let alone anything else like more compression etc

one of the biggest things that surprised me when i tuned a v6 sprintcar was that (from memory) it took something like 6-8 degrees more timing at 1600rpm to make max torque and the increase was phenominal.

the other nice thing about methanol is you can run it super fat and it really doesn't hurt power and in fact it helps with cooling the inlet charge so is win win!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

One wingless I've done a lot on is currently kicking ass big time blitzing the field. Can't remember off hand how much timing I've got in it at the minute. They're hiring a track Inna few week's for another touch up. Always room for improvement.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah the one I did was a few hours on the dyno, load it up and fly across Sydney to the track to race that night, it was very rushed, mainly only got wot tuned fuel and timing! they then just smoothed all the rest, it flys compared to before so they were happy :)