Tech 1

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Tech 1

Post by MAGP »

Just thought I'd update everyone. Dick drove up to Cessnock and I drove down, we met and I now have my own Tech 1 (in even better nick than the pictures show). Dick had a 4 hour drive I had 3. I have known about Dick for about 15 years and in various places I have seen him offer assistance I have always had the impression he was old school in the way he deals with people, yesterday confirmed my impression. Dick is a gentleman (in the true sense of the word) and it was an honour to meet him even for a brief time. In my years in the auto trade I have come across many people but I have never met someone who would go so far out of his way as Dick did.

Hope you got some nice wine, and possibly some of Australia's finest chocolate, and missed the storm. Again it was a pleasure meeting you.

As for the rest of my day I had a drive around near the Watagans and then back to the concert venue. A storm hit after Diesel (who was brilliant) played and approx 20k people, which I was among, got to see a lightening show and get pelted with hail. Jet was ok, and the nights feature was classic Springsteen.
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/44769 ... believers/
The1

Post by The1 »

nice stuff, have to get some more cartridges setup now.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Yep, I have some lined up on ebay just have to contact the guy about postage and tehn I can purchase them and I'll send them up to you to be reprogrammed. If I can ask you one favour, keep the body cartridge you have on ebay for me and I'll get it when you send the reprogrammed ones back to me. That way you don't have to pay ebay and I then have a full set of cartridges.

I also need to find an adaptor for the OBD2 style plug so I can use it on my VS.
The1

Post by The1 »

ill shoot you a pm and work it all out np
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

MAGP wrote:Yep, I have some lined up on ebay just have to contact the guy about postage and tehn I can purchase them and I'll send them up to you to be reprogrammed. If I can ask you one favour, keep the body cartridge you have on ebay for me and I'll get it when you send the reprogrammed ones back to me. That way you don't have to pay ebay and I then have a full set of cartridges.

I also need to find an adaptor for the OBD2 style plug so I can use it on my VS.
Oh, I had a client contact me a couple days ago with confusion cause he had a Tech1 adapter plugged into his diagnostic port. So.. might be able to request that from him as hes got no use for it.. should hopefully complete your kit?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

This adapter..
VS wrong plug.jpg
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Tazzi, I think you're referring to the US OBD port. My Tech 1 has that cable and the adaptor for the VN-VP ALDL 6 pin connector plugs into that. The 1st post on page 3 where Dick kindly posted pics shows it with the cig lighter cable plugged into it.

EDIT: taking a 2nd look at that pic you posted, is that plugged into the OBD2 style plug in the car or is that the OBD plug in the car? US cars had a different plug to us for a while and it was only when OBD2 was going to be made mandatory that they went to the plug we know as OBD2.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

That is the tech1 adapter plugged into the OBD port on a VR/VS
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Biggvl wrote:That is the tech1 adapter plugged into the OBD port on a VR/VS
Spot on!
MAGP wrote:Tazzi, I think you're referring to the US OBD port. My Tech 1 has that cable and the adaptor for the VN-VP ALDL 6 pin connector plugs into that. The 1st post on page 3 where Dick kindly posted pics shows it with the cig lighter cable plugged into it.

EDIT: taking a 2nd look at that pic you posted, is that plugged into the OBD2 style plug in the car or is that the OBD plug in the car? US cars had a different plug to us for a while and it was only when OBD2 was going to be made mandatory that they went to the plug we know as OBD2.
Thats what confused my client. He went to plug in my cable.. and was greeted with that plug.

The otherside is the male pins end which goes into the standard OBD plug, and the visible side we are seeing is the tech1 connection.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Ah ok, I'm interested if they are willing to part with it. Let me know and we can discuss terms :thumbup: