hsv VR VS knock sensor harnes

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
IMA355-2
cars: VR SS T56 6 Speed 3.9 diff

hsv VR VS knock sensor harnes

Post by IMA355-2 »

hi guys, bit of a long shot but does anyone have a hsv knock sensor harness lying around?
i believe the factory harness had the knock sensor wiring built into the loom but hsv enhanced vehicles had it in conjunction with the factory holden harness. it used to be available through spare parts but are no longer available.

cheers
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: hsv VR VS knock sensor harnes

Post by Dylan »

I'll look tomorrow, I might. No factory VN VS had it built into the harness. All were seperate.
IMA355-2

Post by IMA355-2 »

maaaaad :thumbup:
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

See if you can get a length. I've got a couple of Ecotec looms here I could strip it out of if it's long enough.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah the only one hsv enhanced one I've seen had the knock sensor wire run separately to the original loom .... makes it easy to remove too ;)
IMA355-2

Post by IMA355-2 »

No idea on length bud. I did see the genuine patch harness on eBay but no length on it. Not paying 120 bucks for 1 length of wire and a plug tho haha.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I have one mate. BUT the ECU end the terminal is broken. I have some short wires here with terminals on them. You may be able to re terminate or solder one on. If you're interested PM me and we'll sort it out
UN19UE
cars: Vr v8

Post by UN19UE »

Hey guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Just wondering if anyone; particularly Dylan, have a vr v8 knock harness laying around?
If not is it something i could build?

I have a knock board to solder in and my tuner will enable the curcuit once i have the hardware.

I recently rebuild my 5l. 10 though off heads and deck and bore. Flat tops and an Sv5000 cam and its given a bit of grief with knock. We beleieve its ironed out but we want an insurance policy.

Thanks in advance.